Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-I put 10 sets of LT1 heads and intakes I have on Craigslist tonight

All I get are nigerian scams or people wanting to make payments.

-Ran an ad trying to sell my truck...

-Offers of %50 of what Im asking

-"Im a Marine, what discount will you give me for keeping you and your country safe?"
My response "Nothing...Hey you decided to sign up, g.f.y. :thumbsup:
He was not happy.

-Run a dating ad.....

Either spam, some prostitute or a ghey dude wanting pics.

-Run a room for rent ad they want to move in with no money have run of the house, etc etc,

-Met a guy at the house todaythat worked for me years ago, has been hounding me about a van Im trying to sell loaded up with a large compressor/pool tile beadblasting setup. Im giving it away for $1000 just to get it out of here so I dont have to pay reg and ins on something I no longer use.

After 2 hrs asks me my "bottom line" I almost popped him in the mouth, we discussed this already. When it comes down to it he doesnt have one %@#$ penny but wants to make a $200 payment in a month and "partner up". Another idiot supporting some chick and her two kids who has to give him permission to pee I guess.

Man Im really hating the human race. :(

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Hey Ron,

I feel your pain, just went through similar stuff when selling a damn near new $2,500 massage chair on craigslist for $1000 bucks. Guy gets there brings his WHOLE family and I mean, grandma, grandpa, him his wife and 3 fuggin kids to come and try the chair. after 45 frekin minutes after telling him on the phone 1000 is the bottom line he try's to work me over on the price.

Anyhow, shoot me a PM on what you got exactly for sale and I will put the word out. My aunt is looking for a truck, what is it you got and how much? Also whats the story on the van (may work in place of truck)

Let me know

Tom

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ron,

Just try being out of work looking for a job. You wouldn't believe the amount of e-mail I get from other people who find my resume on Careerbuilder and Monster.com. A lot of them are asking for name, address, social security #, family members names, etc. They have some made up sounding company name and say they are "very interesting" in me. I've looked into working at home businesses and those are nothing but scams. I haven't found one that seems legitimate.

Kevin C

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
After I got laid off (I'm a photojournalist) I started my own home-based gig as a freelancer. I'd like to say "you wouldn't believe the crap I got offered" but I bet you would.

"How about you write for our website, for free- and we'll pay you based on how many hits it gets..."

Ya right- and who is counting these hits? Oh ya- you are. Sure I'd trust you on that. Let me type something amazing up for you and send it right over, no charge...

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron,

Just try being out of work looking for a job. You wouldn't believe the amount of e-mail I get from other people who find my resume on Careerbuilder and Monster.com. A lot of them are asking for name, address, social security #, family members names, etc. They have some made up sounding company name and say they are "very interesting" in me. I've looked into working at home businesses and those are nothing but scams. I haven't found one that seems legitimate.

Kevin C
Yes I remember things like that when I was searching. Eventually they hit you up for money. Hello, Im looking for a job cause I aint GOT no money! Derrr

Good luck to you!:beers:

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
when posting an ad on craigslist I will not put an email address to respond to, only a telephone number. No emails. The last thing I listed there was a 1995 Bonneville, I had cash in my hand 8 hours after I listed it.

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
We listed different furniture on Craigslist for my daughter. One guy wanted the bedroom set but he was on his honeymoon in HI, why the h*** was he looking on Craigslist while on his honeymoon? He would send me a travelers check and have his 'agent' come and pick it up.

Then the ones that call and say where are you located, it said right in the ad Brighton. Where is Brighton, I live in Detroit, or someother place 70 miles away? Will you deliver it? Do I look like a moving company?

Then there's the emails, is the XXX still available? I replay yes, call my cell XXX-XXX-XXXX. Never hear from them again. Can't tell you how many of those I got.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Yes. Pretty much everything is a scam nowdays. Its the way of the world. We have gone from trusting first until given a reason to not trust to opposite. We have gone from assuming honesty until shown otherwise to the opposite. I am more cynical and have the least amount of faith in people that I have ever had in my entire life (33 yrs old)

And I think the reason is (other than the faceless and little to no repercussions of the internet world) is that we have lost our love of the good old fasion ass whooping. We need this to come back and spread around the world like wildfire. People just need to get a tooth or two knocked loose. It changes people for the better. So in your own little world (such as this co-worker and the van) bring back the good old hard right hook and when they hit the ground just explain that stupidity, lack of respect, ignorance and the selective inability to listen are now being objected to and rectified with good old fashioned american ass whoopings. As a man they should understand and respect that. If not - ass whooping numero dos.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
i just bought a guitar on c/l. it was like pulling teeth, first no phone #, second she let it out that she's a single mother, so i suggest we meet at my place of employment, a public safe place, she hee hawed for ten minutes.

after finally talking her into it, she says she can't do it till after 4:00 p.m. because she wants her son involved... i'm giving her full asking price, so i don't really get why an 8 year old kid needs to be involved. i tell her at 4 i'm gone, she doesn't work today, and i'm about three blocks from her pad, just drop the damn thing off, and i'll hand you cash.

finally i got it worked out, and she's dropping it off around 2:00. but yes, i agree, it is real difficult these days to do any kind of business, because of all the flakes and scammers out there. i'm getting to the point where i don't want to buy or sell anything anymore, i'm just tired of people and thier angle's.

if i have to listen to one more idiot tell me the market has dropped out of the car market, and 5k is a resonable offer on my lemans, i'm going postal. i will drive that car to the grave, before i give it away....

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Yes. Pretty much everything is a scam nowdays. Its the way of the world. We have gone from trusting first until given a reason to not trust to opposite. We have gone from assuming honesty until shown otherwise to the opposite. I am more cynical and have the least amount of faith in people that I have ever had in my entire life (33 yrs old)

And I think the reason is (other than the faceless and little to no repercussions of the internet world) is that we have lost our love of the good old fasion ass whooping. We need this to come back and spread around the world like wildfire. People just need to get a tooth or two knocked loose. It changes people for the better. So in your own little world (such as this co-worker and the van) bring back the good old hard right hook and when they hit the ground just explain that stupidity, lack of respect, ignorance and the selective inability to listen are now being objected to and rectified with good old fashioned american ass whoopings. As a man they should understand and respect that. If not - ass whooping numero dos.
That would be my approach 'cept for that pesky lawsuit 20 years ago! If the law was changed to read "justifiable ass whooping by self or committee is tolerated for educational purposes" then that would be my path as well!

Jerry

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
craigslist is a joke but I still use it. I got my blazer on there and I get people calling and asking me the same questions that my ad answers for them. THen they want to know what the lowest I`ll go. I don`t make a habit of taking money from my own pocket so I tell them to first come look at it cuz I won`t take any offer till you do and then when they see it, make a offer and either I`ll take it or I won`t. Way too much BS but it`s free to list stuff. I`ve had really good luck with some stuff though.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I put my Toyota on Craigslist. Lots of the same BS emails, and phone calls. But I finally got a guy who sounds pretty interested in it. Supposed to be calling me around 2:00. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I will answer your question and pay you $10,000. Take the $10,000 out of this $20,000,000 I will be wiring to you, and wire the rest back to me. I will need your bank account number, SS# and $200 cash to make the transaction....

K

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Recently we purchased a new washer and dryer.I put the old ones,which were 7 year old Maytags,on craigs list for $120.They all seamed to be selling a washer for $100 so I figured at this price they would move.I got some calls trying to talk me down over the phone,some calls"is that the price for both?",and some calls"hold them for me Ill be over in 45 min."
I quickly learned that the Ill be right over ,hold them for me calls dont work.Iam not sure why someone would tell you this only to blow you off.Maybe they were selling a washer/dryer and wanted me to tell the next guy sorry they are already sold?Either way I had caller id and called each one back.
My pet pieve is the craigslist search that results in finding someones listing,with 1000 different key search words,that has nothing to do with your search.
your right about the love dogs more thing.My grandfather hated people but loved his animals.Smart old guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts