Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just mounted my battery in the trunk, i am using a 1 guage cable to power the starter along with a ford starter solenoid, so that cable is only live when you are cranking. since the battery is in the trunk now i don't need the 4 guage monster cable that used to go from the front of the car to the rear, i was going to use this 4 guage to run from bthe battery to the front of the car, at the front of the car this cable would power the fuse box, headlights, electric fan, ignition, guages etc.. this would also be the cable that the alternator powers, the cable will stretch about 12 feet from front to rear. I am starting to think that it might not be enough and i should use some 1 or 0 guage. what do you guys think?

G

·
I have used NO. 6 welding lead with no problem. It looks like a normal battery cable but that is where it ends. There must be 200 or more super fine coper wires in that cable, super flexiable and small. The key to this deal is the ground. That battery needs a ground direct to the frame in the back, a welded stud works nice. Then the frame needs to be tied to the body and the motor.

I have a log section of nice 1/0 cable I put on the 67 and it looks like a garden hose under there, it's comming off and the NO. 6 is going on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts