Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a Ipod nano. what is the easiest way to get music from my computer to his Ipod. I can "open" the ipod files and see folders, notes calendar, etc. thanxs david

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have downloaded I tunes. Don't see where I can choose the download option.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Have downloaded I tunes. Don't see where I can choose the download option.
Dave,

You can do a couple of things with iTunes - one you can convert a CD you own, which will add it to iTunes, Secondly, you can purchase songs, TV Shows, Movies, etc...from the itunes store.

Third, if you currently have MP3's, you can import them into your iTunes as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,

Third, if you currently have MP3's, you can import them into your iTunes as well. Hope this helps.
this is what I want to do. the Ipod had a bunch of songs on it at one time until my son hooked it up to the pc and he sync'd it and now just two songs remain.??

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
this is what I want to do. the Ipod had a bunch of songs on it at one time until my son hooked it up to the pc and he sync'd it and now just two songs remain.??
Dave, Are there any songs in your iTunes now? Did he sync with another computer with just the two songs on it? Or the songs are unckecked in your current iTunes. That's what it sounds like.

The songs that were orginally on your iPod, where did they come from? You'll need to sync with that iTunes.

Edit: If all the songs are in your iTunes, make sure they are checked, otherwise, they won't load on the iPod.

I know this all sounds confusing. Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Open iTunes, click File, then Add File (to add one music file to iTunes library) or Add Folder (to add all the songs in a folder/subfolders to iTunes library). Navigate where your music files are and click OK. Once all your tunes are added from the PC to the iTunes library, connect the Nano and all the songs will sync to the Nano from the PC automatically. This is the default behavior. (whatever is in the iTunes library gets copied to the iPod.) Down the road, you change this if you want to only want to sync/update certain playlists, songs, etc.

Jack

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave, Are there any songs in your iTunes now? Did he sync with another computer with just the two songs on it? Or the songs are unckecked in your current iTunes. That's what it sounds like.

The songs that were orginally on your iPod, where did they come from? You'll need to sync with that iTunes.

Edit: If all the songs are in your iTunes, make sure they are checked, otherwise, they won't load on the iPod.

I know this all sounds confusing. Let me know if this helps.
the original songs came from a different pc at my moms house.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
What I do is select music I want to load from the itunes library. You can do this by using the ctrl key and your left mouse button, then drag and drop the selected song over your ipod. If you have a block of songs the you want to load you can select the 1st song and then use the shift key and the left mouse button to select the last song in the block you want to load, this will highlight the whole block of songs which you drag and drop on the ipod.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I do is select music I want to load from the itunes library. You can do this by using the ctrl key and your left mouse button, then drag and drop the selected song over your ipod. If you have a block of songs the you want to load you can select the 1st song and then use the shift key and the left mouse button to select the last song in the block you want to load, this will highlight the whole block of songs which you drag and drop on the ipod.
hmm, my songs are not in the itunes library. there in a limewire folder.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
hmm, my songs are not in the itunes library. there in a limewire folder.
Import them into iTunes. Click File then Import and then go to the (limewire)directory they are located.

I think you said up above that two computers were used, that is why you lost your songs. Only sync with one iTunes, makes it a lot easier as you are seeing.

There is a prgram you can use to fix this, it's called PodUtil, where you can go back to your mom's computer, sync you iPod again with those songs. Then come back to the other computer, install PodUtil, this will allow you to easily download all the songs that are NOW on your iPod from your mom's computer. After this is done. Just import those song back into the "other" iTunes.

It works great, I've used it. :)

The free version, you'll need to click continue every so often.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'll give it a try

1 - 12 of 12 Posts