Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Central Iowa and bought a car in Rhode Island and will be traveling with a G30 van and car trailer probably the end of next week to pick it up. We have a rough idea of taking the following route, but we would like any input if this is a good way to go or a better one could be suggested:
From Iowa-I80 East through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, (the road through Indiana & Ohio is a toll road - Anyone know how much it is to get through this area for toll for a van/trailer?) Pennsylvania, and into New Jersey still on 80 East. We are thinking about staying on I80 East to Hwy 280 and going to Jersey City to be able to see the Statue of Liberty. Is this possible? We are unsure of the best route to get from the Statue of Liberty back up to I80 East. We are then thinking of I80 East to I95 East through Connecticut to I395 North to get to Rhode Island.
Our return route would be basically the same but taking I95 West to south of Greenwich and taking I287 around to get back to I80 West at the I287 & I80 interchange. Then staying on I80 West again until Iowa.
This will be one fast trip. If anyone can forsee any problems or has a better suggestion, please let us know. We welcome all input. Thank you.

------------------
stano
69 SS

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just take the Penna. Turnpike to the New Jersey Turnpike(I95)North.

Get off at Exit 14 and take the Holland Tunnel Extention. That will take you a snowballs throw
from Miss Liberty. You will see the Exit, just follow the signs.

When done, get back on the Turnpike North.(I would send you through the Holland Tunnel, but you would get lost mighty quickly, let alone I don't even know if they would let you through since the tragedy.)

Just go over the Geo. Washington Bridge, go straight and follow signs for 95N Boston.Believe me, this is the easiest way even though you pay more, it is worth it in the long run.

A word to the wise... pick up an EZ Pass through the mail. You save some dough on the tolls and sometimes you may have to wait 15 minutes without one. Dial 1-888-AUTO-TOLL for NJ, 1-800-333-TOLL for NY.
Please, MAKE SURE that the Yankees are NOT playing a World Series game while your heading there. This will create mass confusion. Also if the Giants are playing at the Meadowlands.

But best of all, you will pass about 3 miles from where I live. You can see my '70 'Velle,buy mine instead,(I'm sure it's a better deal)and save about 750 miles off your trip!!

Good Luck,
Steve

------------------
"The difference between Men and Boys are the price of their toys"

1970 SS 396 TH400

[This message has been edited by Myles_Turner (edited 10-27-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.