Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
5,385 Posts
You know, I thought Pierce Brosnan would suck as James Bond, but he turned out to be really good. Maybe this guy will be good too.

· Premium Member
927 Posts
Connery, Sean Connery= will always be the *Bond

· Gold Founding Member
8,670 Posts
First Bond movie I saw was Live and Let Die. I didn't know who Sean Connery was. So "Bond" was Roger Moore.

I later saw his movie "Ffolks" (aka North Sea Hijack) and was appalled. Still later, I saw an interview with him. He seemed um...effeminate. Scary.

Now that the movies are on DVD, I'm seeing that Sean was the better Bond after all. Better stories, too, but of course they suffered from low-budget syndrome.

It's interesting the way "Bond" and the 007 movies have evolved into a much more PC representation. Kinda like Star Trek: The original series was ground breaking, a standout of the first magnatude in 1967. The sequels were more heart-breaking. I couldn't watch 'em, they were much too "correct" for me. In particular, "Woos-ly Crusher" makes me cringe.

· Registered
15,116 Posts
"What I have here is a very rare picture of Sean Connery, signed by Roger Moore" -Comic Book guy from The Simpsons :D

I love that quote :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,200 Posts
Georgia69 said:
You know, I thought Pierce Brosnan would suck as James Bond, but he turned out to be really good. Maybe this guy will be good too.
I always thought Pierce Brosnan would be good as James Bond. Definately had the right look for the role.

I thought the last Bond movie, (the one with Hallie Berry), sucked.

· Registered
575 Posts
Boy, Craig doesn't look like a Bond figure. However, he has excellent acting credentials. I was looking over his incredibly average looks for about 5 minutes and decided, you know, Connery wasn't all that Bondish either. But, he defined the role. Favorite Bond of all time is Roger Moore, but I love Sean, Pierce, and even that Shakespearian stage actor, can't even think of his name. But he was the closest Bond of all to Ian Flemmings vision of a dark, brooding figure.

· Registered
3,926 Posts
Schurkey said:
Now that the movies are on DVD, I'm seeing that Sean was the better Bond after all.
I totally agree. The first one I saw was moonraker, so Bond was the man at first. But I now own all but two movies on DVD, and by far the early ones are the best like Gold Finger.:thumbsup:

Man, that Lazenby movie is a tough watch though... geez...:eek:

· Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bow_Tied said:
I totally agree. The first one I saw was moonraker, so Bond was the man at first. But I now own all but two movies on DVD, and by far the early ones are the best like Gold Finger.:thumbsup:

Man, that Lazenby movie is a tough watch though... geez...:eek:
That was "On her Majesty's Secret service". I actually didnt mind that one much. Then again. I personally liked all the Bond movies. Even the ones with Timothy Dalton.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.