Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best way to get a new interior? I saw a complete interior kit for a 71 chevelle in Ausleys Chevelle Parst catalog for $454 but I would then have to pay to get the stuff put in. Would it just be a better idea to take it somewhere and have them make the seat covers?

Thanks

------------------
Ryan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ryan, I performed an interior resto on an early Blazer a few years back. I removed the seats and took them to a local upholstery shop for a re-do. I wanted them as close to stock as possible. The shop had to dissasemble what was remaining of the orig. and fab each part separately then sew together. They looked great but the bill was too. All the extra labor ads up. Since I've just purchased the covers (if avail) and install myself. I purchased a good set of hog-ring pliers and a wide bill (welding) style vice grips for stretching and "go-at-it" It can be time consuming but it's realy not difficult. Also if needed new seat "buns" or padding makes a great difference on appearance.
good luck

------------------
'68 SS-396 1/4 stroker "54" (soon)
'99 GMC 7.4 Vortech
'01 T-Cat 1404 Hooper 2X156"
"no replacement for displacement"
-2 Below Custom Automotive
Fbks, AK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
on my 70 interior, it was better for me to order new covers for the front buckets and rear seats instead of the guy making some for me. i think it was around 250 for the covers and another 250 for the labour. he also had to repad the buckets and paint the plastic pieces black. awesome job and im glad he did it instead of me screwing around with it. the carpet was around 170...cant remember the cost of the door panels..this was all in canadian funds....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.