Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I removed all my interior before taking car to paint shop, I removed what looked like a soundeadner from the sail area.. It was about a 1/8 inch think kind of like the stock floor soundeadner material. Looked old and original.
Is this stuff still available for that sail or do you just ad any soundeadner. Or do you just not put anything there. I was going to install something like dynamat type stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally, I'd just install the new sail panels. I've tried to put a sound deadener/ insulation behind them before and it made them puff out. They never would lay aginst the headliner like I thought they should. Just my experience, maybe someone else has had better luck.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I agree with Beave. I can't imagine how much difference it would make sound wise in that area. I recently redid my headliner like this post:

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161372

The post doesn't elaborate on the sail panel install. I still have mine to do and wasn't planning on putting anything behind them.

You might want to ask Chris (Bubba68ss) in his post what he did with them.

Don

'70 Fanatic

·
Registered
707 Posts
I third that opinion...if you just absolutely have to have something there you might try gluing a piece of 1/4" headliner foam to the back of your sail panels...the dynamat is probably to heavy for that particular application...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts