Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 67 malibu and need to replace the interior: Carpet, headliner, seat covers, etc and was wondering what the best brand repro is. I want to buy it from the same company to ensure color consistency.

------------------
Dale

·
Registered
278 Posts
Depends how much you want to pay. National Parts Depot sells complete kits for your interior, and the sponsor of this site, Ground Up can be a good source. If you want the closest to original, try Year One, but boy will you pay.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
All the 'big' parts places seem to carry the same brand - PUI, so it's more or less a toss-up on whohas the best price the day you order.

Call Year One and ask for some samples. They'll send them for free. You have to specify a color range (like greens, etc) so know what you want before you call.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/~68_chevelle/Chevelle/Info.html
Email: [email protected]
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just recovered my 68 buckets and rear bench. I used National Parts Depot, and they came out very nice. I would recommend them to anyone....Total for covers, pads, burlap, repaint and repair frames, labor= $750!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Give yourself plenty of time. Depending on the color you may need to be prepared to wait for delivery. I ordered from O.P.G. and was impressed by the quality, but had to send some parts back that were a shade off (incorrect color). Been over 5 months since original order was placed and still waiting for completion! Good luck,
Scott

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought everything for a 67 from NPD and was satisfied. I got everything, seat covers, carpet, package tray door panels, arm rests, medalions for door panels, and got them right away and they sure look nice. But then again I am not building a show car. But they look good to me!

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
994 Posts
Funny thing! I just recieved my headliner, seat cover, and carpet from Ground Up. This is my first purchase from them. The seat cover is PUI, carpet is Autocustom Inc, and the headliner is made by R.E.M. They all seem to be good products. I highly recommend PUI seat covers. I've used them a few times in the past without incident. I only glanced at the headliner so I couldn't tell you much on that one but if it's like the 69 elcamino I did then I'll be very pleased. My memory fails me on the carpet though. I did roll it out though and it looks like a quality carpet**. I'd have to get my wife to look at the tread count, weave and all that other stuff before I said it was the best or not

My Elcamino came (original) with column shifter. The carpet I bought has a buldge, by design, for a floor shifter. My goal is to move the B&M shifter closer to the driver and "Sink" it into the floor so that the selector plate will be flush with the carpet and I can get rid of the ugly plastic console that comes with the shifter.
I feel this will give it a cleaner look.
I'll be taking photos of each step for future referance.

** The headlight grommet comes unattached so your not stuck indexing the carpet from the dimmer switch hole.
Also you'll need to specify which pattern your headliner is, probably perferated since it's a Malibu
------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 02-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 02-04-2000).]

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Year One sends out a little book with color samples in it so that you can get the correct choice the first time through. I think that they are not the only one doing this. And, the price of the goods is not the whole story. Some places charge a LOT more for shipping than others. I am always amazed how much it costs to get parts shipped form OPG in California to the next state over, Arizona. This has caused my to re-think some of my purchases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.