Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

remember about a month or so ago, we were talking about the "temp" console I had put in (Steelhorse)...Anyway, finally got a pic of it, so here it is...not the most permanent install, but it works (doesn't move) and gives me a place to put my drinks, cds, etc...

BTW - the flash really bleached out the colors on it...much darker in person <i.e. matches much better>

heck, I can't get the pic to show, so check out the link: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1332164&a=12558480&p=46382500&Sequence=0&res=high

------------------
I work to live, but make money for fun...when am I gonna start having fun?

John's '71 Malibu 383

[This message has been edited by John_R (edited 04-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John_R (edited 04-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
That does look pretty spiffy. I had a steel horse consol in my jeep. damn thing was made out of particle board and after getting wet just plum fell apart!

What are thsoe seats out of? I'm guessing 93 eclipse?

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's not the greatest setup, but only set me back 10 bucks at a junk sale
It was brand new in the box...got a pretty good deal on it...

anyway, I used to use it in my (sold) 84 C20...was gonna go on power tour last year, had that sitting around, put it in and it actually fit...

I would like to either put in an OEM-type console (Camaro, etc.) or custom make one...But, I gotta get the dang thing back on the road, first

The seats are actually from a (not sure year) Fiero...the guy had got them reupholstered in this nice (don't know the name) fabric and replaced the foam, etc...Not bad for 200 bucks, I guess...

As a side note, I was looking for aftermarket seats, so I kinda ran across them...

The only downside though, since it was a 2 seater, is it doesn't have a "memory"...So, when you pull the lever up, so someone can go in the back, it doesn't return to the original position...it locks, but kinda "resets"...

Anyway, hope to get the back done the same, but trying to keep the "pattern", know what I mean?

------------------
I work to live, but make money for fun...when am I gonna start having fun?

John's '71 Malibu 383

1 - 3 of 3 Posts