Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 SS had the metal parts of the interior painted a nasty pepto-pink w/blk. upolstry.Should the metal parts be body color or interior color? I've seen it both ways at shows and wonder which is correct.

------------------

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi I have a 64 Malibu and I think the dash and the tops of the doors under the windows front and rear came in the same color as the interior. Dave

[This message has been edited by dsr (edited 08-04-2002).]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Empty..
I also have a 64 SS and I have the medium blue interior in mine but the tops of the doors are a dark blue almost black. My exterior is White...
What color is your interior/exterior. I have some pics of 64-65's I could go through..
dsr Where in Toronto are you at? Are you the guy I saw at Barrie?
Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car was originally red W/black interior,I'm not sure what color I'm going to paint it.The metal part of the dash is painted black,I'm not sure what the doors should be. Thanks for the help.

------------------

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 65 Malibu and the interior seems to be all light blue with the exception of the dash pad and the carpet, both dark blue. Now all the metal showing in my interior: ie, top of doors, dash, pillars (4door) are all the body color.

·
Registered
392 Posts
dsr Where in Toronto are you at? Are you the guy I saw at Barrie?
Steve

Hi Steve
Sorry I didn't back to you sooner, but I just got around to looking back at the above thread. I grew up in east Scarborough Highland Creek, I now live in Oshawa, I don't think it was me at Barrie as I haven't up there for about 5 years. What part of Toronto are you in? Ever go to the Wed. night car show in Manchester? (hwy #12 n/ Whitby) I was there in Aug. over 1100 cars, it's free to everbody,one of the best shows around. Dave

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts