Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at interior packages for my 67 Chevelle. I need advice on suppliers who sell the best interior parts/packages. Best in quality and price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Try Cidella, I have been very unhappy with almost every aftermarket part I have bought, but the quality of there stuff is very nice,if you think year one is spendy just try these guys. It is well worth the money though and you will get good parts.

------------------
CRUISER

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try "original Parts Group" They are in Huntington Beach Ca. They have lots of stuff and the prices are fairly tame.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,687 Posts
Try our sponsor, Ground Up Restorations. Call them at (516) 248- 4567 for a free catalog. von

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my interior from Year One for my 69 and after a year I am still very happy with it. Seems like most of the major parts houses use the same manufacture about the only thing that differs is the price and customer service, the latter to me is the most important so go with someone You feel comfortable with in case there is a problem! Rick

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm pretty sure Year One uses PUI. Year One is expensive though. Find another company, like Ground Up. If they sell PUI, go with the best price.

By your whole interior from one place. the colors are more likely to match. I bought all of mine from Year One. I used them because they shipped 2-3 day UPS at the ground rate. I have been told that they are no longer doing that, so some of their customer service advantage is lost.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would go with the kits from Original Parts Group. My neighbor who owns an auto upholstery shop put mine in for me. When he put the seat covers on, he asked where I got them. Being leary that I got something that wouldn't work, I aksed him why he wnated to know. He said they were the best fitting seat covers that he has come across. He wanted to know where he could order some for some other customers he has.

The reason he put my covers on instead of making covers for me was the fact that I wanted to stay with the original pattern and style. My neighbor could have made a set for me, but he told me to buy a set instead as they would be cheaper than his labor to make new ones.

------------------

·
Registered
246 Posts
The first time I used PUI thinking they were the best but have since changed my mind. I used some door panels from Original Parts Group (I think Distinctive makes them) and they looked much better. The OPG catalog shows why (e.g. thicker vinyl, no "puffy" appearance). You're going to see these things every time you get in the car so don't let a few bucks sway your opinion.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We completely redid the interior of my baby and for the most part we used PUI. The door panels were the assembled ones and everything went on without any major problems. One note though, although it maybe a Canadian vs American car issue, the seams on the side of my buckets were too long for the chrome moulding that covers them. This means that you see the seam fold for about 1".

The whole interior was done and it looks beautiful except for my darned gauge cluster... One thing to do while your at it, replace your seat foams and check your springs and tighten it all up, otherwise you can pop a spring.

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.