Team Chevelle banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 21 year old currently awaiting the end of cold weather to finish connecting my first rebuild, the 350 in my 70 malibu. To keep myself busy (and off the cold concrete) i've decided to do some interor work on the car. I saw in the Winter 2004 edition of Superchevy's Chevelle Magazine, there was a shaved Viper Red 72 Chevelle which had Pontiac Grand Am Buckets in it, as well as the orange 66 (i think) malibu in the back which had the center console which went from the firewall clear past the buckets. I want to kindof Modernize my Chevelle, add power windows, a console like the one in that orange chevelle, etc etc etc. I was also noticing that some guys are going to a carbon fiber dash with the Autometer gauges. Is there a company that offers any kind of modern upgrades for a 70 Chevelle? Or does anyone have any info on interior parts i could help use to "modernize" the interior? Also, is there a console that *might* come close to fitting under the dash, or one that could fit with some minor modifications? And does anyone have any experience with buckets from newer model cars? I'd like to do as much work myself as possible without having it done custom. Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
Power windows were an option in Chevelles so you need to find a factory set for ease of installation. As for the consoles you can either build one or measure the space in your car and then go to the junk yard and start measuring and see if you can find one that is a good fit. I have seen a few nicely done Camaro refits in Chevelles. Seats from other vehicles usually require bracket modifications and when you mount them you cant just go through the floor pan. In an accident the seats would pull through the floor and send you into the windshield. I'll let someone with more knowledge on that describe how to properly support the seats for safety.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts