Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my Chevy G20 Van. For some reason all of a sudden all of the interior lights stopped working :eek:

I checked all the blade fuses and so far all of them seem to be working fine. There are two fuse boxes, (one under the driver side dash and the other in the passenger compartment behind the drivers seat). All seem to be O.K.

Everything from behind the driver seat back stopped working, the TV, Passenger Radio, VCP, everything. I sure its a very minor problem ,but I don't know what it could be. Any suggestions would really be appreciated?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by LeoP:
What year is the Van?
A 1995 Chevy G20 Gladiator Conversion van

Originally posted by Dean:
Pretty tough to guess what they did on those conversion vans.
I assume you have already checked the fuses
There are two fuse boxes, One under the driver dash and one behind the drivers seat. I triple tested both of them with a fuse tester and all of then tested fine. Its like allof a sudden everything from the drivers seat back stopped working. Even the interior lights don't come on when I open the door anymore. I can only assume that all of this stuff is tied togther by either a main hidden fuse or a hidden power switch somewhere that somehow got tripped I haven't found it yet.

If you guys have ANY suggestions or ideas of what I should do, please fel free to toss them at me because right now I completely run out of ideas :(

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked the bulb wire. No voltage at all

I don't understand. All the fuses are good but there's no power coming to the rear fuse box at all. I'm gonna have to remove the entire fuse panel first thing tomorrow morining and start tracing wires to see where the main feed wire is :(

·
Premium Member
14,223 Posts
We have cutaway vans at my work and when our radio shop removed the drivers seat to install the two radio equip, the reinstalled the seat on top of the wiring to the dome light and rear of the van wiring, you might try removing the drivers seat and pedestal and look at that wiring that runs near the seat.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a definite plan. I let my sister use this van and I'm sure she adjusted the seats when she got in. I'll look there tomorrow and let you know what I found.

Thank a million

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am Officially stomped

I checked the wires going beneath the Drivers chair and they both had power. The Chair itself is power-activated. I took the dome lamps down from the overhead console and checked them for power. They were not getting any power at all, but when I checked the interior lamp switch that controls them with my voltmeter, it had power. So... I first thought that my problem is somewhere between the switch itself and the lights.

Now.. I also checked the power going to the rear fuse box and it had power going to it, but when I pulled the fuses and checked the voltage at the fuse socket, there was nothing :eek:

The sun went down and its too dark for me to see anything right now, so I decided to pack it in for the night and start again first thing in the morning.

anyone got any ideas. :confused:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED

Problem turned out to be a bad fuse board in the passenger section. I took the board out and looked in the back of it. There was a burned and broken soldering connection on it. I soldered in a jumper wire and checked the fuses to make sure that they were all the correct ones. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for all of your support guys :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts