Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased my first chevelle. It is a 1970. (i couldn't pass it up for $850) it has a trashed bench seat interior that i want to replace with a bucket seat and console. Is there such a thing as a cheap place to get the interior? it seem to me that everyone thinks there's is worth its weight in gold. are there other consoles that will fit that aren't original? i am working on a tight budget now and cget the real stuff later. i just want to get it on the street.

------------------
I think my beer drinking team has a racing problem!

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Dale, In case you didn't see it, there is an interior forum down below, if you scroll down, you will see it and will get better responses there. WELCOME to the BEST site on the net!

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
543 Posts
congratulations on your purchase. One thing you might consider is getting a complete kit from one of the vendors, but $$. Interior work is "easy" but it is time consuming and expensive. You might consider jus replacing the carpet and door panels, and getting late model bucket seats from a scrapyard or recycler (you could just use a floor shift without a console). How does the car run and drive?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kind of fell into the deal.....the car runs really good.it has a little rust from the wheel wells to the rear bumper but i hear that is pretty common. other than a crack in the windshield it is in good shape. it also has the chrome that runs from the rear quarter windows down the doors and fenders that i am going to remove if anyone needs it, i want more of the SS look with the stripes. i planned on going with the aftermarket seats but i don't know what to do with the door panels and dash pad. after reading on hear, it seems alot of companies don't make decent ones that will hold up. Any idea on a cheap place to get some SS emblems?

------------------
I think my beer drinking team has a racing problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.