Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any interior color charts that can be viewed on-line? I like the paint code/chart that's here but how about interior uphostry colors?
I've been emailing a guy in Germany with a Chevelle and this would be better than just discribing the colors to him.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I have never heard of any online color guides, and I am assuming that you want to actually SEE the color that is described. The major reason that this will not happen soon is that a color calibration of each monitor would have to be done. Photo processing places do this ( I do not know how) but we would have a very difficult time doing this at home. When I view this website, I get color shades at home different from those I get at work, for an example of the problem. It might be more possible to get a better calibration on a printer than on a monitor, but I am guessing at that. The low tech solution is to get one of those color swatch booklets (of upholstery material) from one of the resto houses and put it in the mail. That would do the job.

·
Registered
543 Posts
the year one catalog (thick one) had a good color guide, also I think my reproduction Chevelle sales brochure has one too. don't know of any "online"

·
Premium Member
8,070 Posts
I have seen colour charts in brochures for the paint, but I have not seen any such thing for interiors. Usually the dealer gave interior swatches to serious buyers. The brochures only show a limited number of interiors. Also the point about the inaccuracy in the paint charts is true. I have a few paint charts that I wanted to scan, but metallic colours don't really reflect properly when you scan them and they aren't an accurate representation in the end.
Probably what you need to find is either the interior swatches, or the Showroom Sales Album (1 per dealer and quite rare today).

BTW what colour and model interior did you want to show your correspondant? Perhaps we could help.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hi peops, actually it's me who he is talking about (Doug, you are the best!). Well, information an illustrations about chevelles are hard to find in Germany and I don't really know all the color names that you guys use over there (like madrid, etc) thats why i wanted to see some pics of the available colors. At the moment my Chevelle has a black interior and the seats are partly leather and white cord. Obviously not an original option, or is it? Well, it has seen better times anyways, so I want to replace it. When my car comes out of the paintshop it will have the following color combination on the outside: dark blue metallic and white vinyl roof. It's a garage kept car so the vinyl roof should be no prob. Do you have any suggestions on the interior colors (and maybe pics)?

Later
Olli

P.S. This site is really great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts