Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy seems to have found remnants of his build sheet and 'pieced together' the missing area. If I'm reading this right, the original build sheet remnants indicate a 350hp stick car with CTX engine code and CCF code 3.31 posi. The 'recreated' portion of the build sheet shows the LS5 option. Unless I'm reading this wrong, there is a discrepancy here.

What are your thoughts on this one?

1970 Chevelle Super Sport

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
It shows an LS5 with an M21 at the bottom. He worded the ad carefully, he never claims the car is anything other than an SS with a NOM 454.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
No Horns or horn wiring. Special car. No need for Emg. brake or any Emg. brake hardware. Special interior, NO medallions on seat covers.
Very Special car and " THE " Very Special buildsheet. :nerd:
454 with an M-21 :surprise: OK,,,OK,,, Its a used car. I will shut up!
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I don't see anything tying the original build sheet to this car unless I'm not looking closely enough. The vin in the upper right corner is missing. Maybe a picture of the cowl tag would help.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point Troy, I hadn't even thought of that.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
What he did was "overlay" an original build sheet on top of a reproduction build sheet and tried to match up the sections. Wow! Neither sheet is specific to the VIN given in the sales text. "Read" the ad headline or title: "NON matching build sheet", now that's a tricky way of looking like "non matching" but what he is saying here is: "Non matching Build Sheet". Sounds like he's walking the very thin line to me. I don't even like the flavor of this one, instead of giving my "what's it worth" I think I'll offer how much attorney fee will be involved here: Min: 5,000.00 and 1 pissed off buyer that got duped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts