Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone with experience with 1967 Chevelle's. I am changing small block to big block and I want to retain the original SS Hood. I am looking for a performance intake other than Torker II. I am looking for RPM range 1500 to 6500 or close. Edelbrock performer RPM will not fit stock hood. Any help would be appreciated.

Chevy 67

------------------
chevy 67

·
Registered
12 Posts
It does fit SS hood. Not sure on a stock hood. Have RPM manifold and Holly carb with a Moroso air cleaner on my '67 SS.

[This message has been edited by JUSTIN (edited 05-20-99).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin
let me get this straight,you have an edelbrock rpm intake on your chevelle big block with the stock SS hood or do you have a hood scoop and what is the model # of the air cleaner
thanks for your reply.
to anybody with 67 SS big block what intake are you using does it fit with the SS hood and how does it perform. this is the last part that I need to make my engine swap
chevy 67

[This message has been edited by rick long (edited 05-21-99).]

[This message has been edited by rick long (edited 05-21-99).]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rick,

I have an Edelbrock RPM on my 66. I was told that it wouldn't fit too. I had to get a drop base for the air cleaner & i'm only using a 2" filter with it. I plan on putting one of the K&N filter lids on it to improve the flow to the carb, since this setup isn't the best for good air flow. The top of the air cleaner is about 1/2" away from the hood (original ss). So far I haven't had any problems with it hiting.

I put on the Rpm kit from Edelbrock (Heads, Cam, Intake) & i love the performance. Definitely made a big diff on mine.

Good Luck,
Jake

------------------
Tubby's Drive In
www.ecsi.net/homedir/jake

·
Registered
12 Posts
RICK, I have a stock SS hood. Don't know
air filter part #. It is a drop base with a K an N 2" filter element. Runs great with a 700 cfm holly dp. Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.