Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chevelle -69SS with a -70 454 engine in it a ls6. It had a 10point cage. Setup for stock classes. Centerline SST wheels.
12B with strange axles.
It had a perfect red paint and look standard from all sides exept the wheels and the cage.

It was stolen before summer and the insurance company say it worth 6000.

I would think it was worth more isnt it?

G

·
Unless you had the car insured for replacement value or have classic car insurance like I have on the two chevelles I own, then what you think it is worth or what anyone else thinks it's worth is pure hot air. Given what they are offering, I would take the money and run. If the car was original and you went to the trouble to have it appraised, you might have a leg to stand on.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Registered
425 Posts
What type of Insurance did you have? Stated value? or Agreed to value? or just regular insurance on a 69 chevelle??? What was the value of the car on your policy?
Also, did you have the car appraised and did the insurance company have a copy of the appraisal?

The answers to the above questions will impact the amount of money the insurance company will pay you.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe we can all learn something about Insurance from this!!!

I just looked at your profile and realized you live in Sweden. I would assume your insurance policies are different than in the USA.
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill T SS70 (edited 08-25-99).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Provide the insurance company with as much documentation as you can...sale ads, prior sales prices, cpi, nada, anything you can find that will help your cause. They might change their tune when you show them some paperwork. I'm an insurance adjuster, and trust me, you probably know more about classic cars than anybody they have working for them. Do your homework and present your case. It just might work.

------------------
- Dave

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i should try find some papers about the car but they are really rare orund here, i have only seen 3 and my is the only one that was a HT with BB. I bought the engine for 3000. so i thought i would be a lot more worth.

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
Try going to our forsale pages at: www.chevelles.com/ads/forsale/ and find comparable cars (might want to check the parts pages for engine prices too). Print these out and use them as 'real world' pricing of what it would be to replace your car. This makes a pretty strong argument.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.