Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! I'm looking for a top-notch guage restorer that will do my '67 SS cluster as well as my blinker tach. I've been told of Doc Clock but the 800 256-5362 number has been disconnected. Any other suggestions? I want quality, not price. Silkscreening, not decals. I've read old posts on this subject and some of the vendors mentioned have had some not so positive reviews. I need some feedback from some of you guys that have had recent work done and were VERY well satisfied. Thanks, fellas, hope you all can give me some leads.

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Here is a place that I sent my 68 dash bezel to be rechromed and painted. They do also restore gauges.

http://www.autoinstruments.com/
Dave,were you happy with their work?I sent my gauge cluster to them and he talked me into polishing the lens,it came back with big swirls in it.Looks much worse then before.They weren't cheap either,then what is.If I run into this year remind me to show you my dash lens.I'm gonna have to break down and buy a new one,just hate to pull the dash down again.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Doug, I sent them the bezel about a month ago and have not received it back yet. They said it was an 8 week turn around. I am just going to buy new lenses for my cluster. I hope my bezel looks good for the amount I am spending? I think Bill L. (ARK68SS) sent them the same bezel. Maybe he can chime in and let us know how it turned out. Im sure I will see you this year for I have already registered for the MCC show in Northeast MD. Are you going this year??

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163617
I'm very pleased with them. I didn't have any instruments or lenses done, but their customer service is outstanding IMO. Doug, did you call them back about your lens? They have a customer satisfaction guarantee.
BillL

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
Doug, I sent them the bezel about a month ago and have not received it back yet. They said it was an 8 week turn around. I am just going to buy new lenses for my cluster. I hope my bezel looks good for the amount I am spending? I think Bill L. (ARK68SS) sent them the same bezel. Maybe he can chime in and let us know how it turned out. Im sure I will see you this year for I have already registered for the MCC show in Northeast MD. Are you going this year??
I don't do lot of shows but I like that one just cause there's so many Chevelles!Haven't registered yet,but I hope to be there barring any unforseen circumstances,see you there.

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163617
I'm very pleased with them. I didn't have any instruments or lenses done, but their customer service is outstanding IMO. Doug, did you call them back about your lens? They have a customer satisfaction guarantee.
BillL
No ,I didn't,I wanted to get the car back on the road as it was in the summer a couple of years ago.I'll just get a new lens at Carlisle this year.They did rebuild my speedo,preventive maintence,and they got my clock going again.That service was ok.I was a little miffed as they sent it overnite ups without asking($$$)and charged it to my credit card.I'm not that far away them and it probably would have been overnite service at the normal rate.O well.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Since your in chicago call instrument services inc. Roscoe Il.
800 558 2674
they are right off 251 outside Rockford.
speedo ,tachs, gauge clusters restored w/ silkscreening of faces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts