Team Chevelle banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I went to pull my instruments last night so I could replace them with gauges and put in a new bezel and lens. I guess I was expexting it to be easy, but It looked like I would need to pull the steering column to get the instrument cluster out. :confused: Is this correct? Can someone who has done this give me a few pointers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
To replace the gauges, you can do it without pulling the instrument cluster. I've done this. However, to replace the bezel and lense, the cluster must come out and the dash must be dropped, to drop the dash the steering column must be dropped. There's an article on the ACES site that details how to do it. If someone else has done it without dropping the dash I'd sure like to hear how it was done.

·
Premium Member
19,947 Posts
You can leave the steering column intact an dropped but I would highly recommend removing the steering wheel. You wouldn't believe how that gets in the way. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Have to vote with Dale on this one. Make your life easy - it ain't that hard to remove the column, and it is sure easier than working around it!
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts