Team Chevelle banner

Instrument bulb sockets 69 Chevelle

2182 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  SS_Dave
Anyone know were I can get these new?
Boneyard is last resort. The things are so cheezy, when you pull them out of the back of the instrument cluster, a lot of them leave the springed forks in the cluster. You are left holding the wire and plastic socket. I need 4 or 5.

Thanks.
Dave
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
I beleive these are the same for 68 and 69 and you are right - what a pain. Most of the time the bulb then drops down into the cluster where you can't get it. I bought a bet up old cluster at a swap met ($10) just to get these. As far as I know I have never seen any aftermarket- but then I don't know everything. I will look and see if I have 4 or 5 left over. I assume you need the metal piece because it broke? You can retrieve the metal piece out of the cluster by prying out with a screwdriver then reinsert into the socket. Are the sockets broke or did one of the forks break?

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I don't have any sockets, just 2 spare metal bulb holders.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.