Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a simple one. I am going to install b-quiet bround bread on my door panels. Does it go on the door facing the inside compartment or inside the door cavity facing the inside compartment? This stuff is self adhesive and will roll on.

------------------
Hank McDonnell
'67 El Camino
"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they ought to at least find you handy!" - Red Green

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm not sure what the "recommended" placement is, but how waterproof it is would be a primary factor. I put mine between the water barrier and the door panel just to be safe.

BTW, if my opinion was worth anything, would you please drive out on Bandera Rd to my favorite Tex-Mex restuarant and have the largest combination dinner they offer. Lived there for 16 years and sure do miss the Mexican food.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FYI,Brown bread is applied with a heat gun. Try calling B-Quiet and ask about its water resistance. I am looking into doing the same as you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e-mailed them and found out it is water resistant. The water shields can go over it for extra protection if necessary. I will use the heat-gun to install as needed. Thanks.

------------------
Hank McDonnell
'67 El Camino
"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they ought to at least find you handy!" - Red Green

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Don't they also make a spray on insulation that you apply to the inside of the door?

We believe some posts of a couple of weeks ago went into great detail on this very subject.

------------------
Team Members Forever #341

Richard, Judy, MAXX2

'69 Elke (Frame Off); GM HO 350/330-Mildly Ported Vortec Heads-Manley Severe Duty SS 2.02/1.60 Valves, Comp Cams Full Roller Package (Magnum)-Custom Grind CS 3315/3316 HR112-.510/.520 Lift, Edelbrock Air-Gap W/750 Performer Manual Choke-Performer 100 HP NOS, March Pulleys, 4L60 (Non Computer) W/Lokar Shifter, 12 Bolt Posi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts