Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to install a Custom AutoSound Dual voice over speaker in my dash. The bracket only has a 1” drop and I need around a 2” drop. There is no way this speaker is going to fit. I’m spending more time on the POS speaker than on installing a transmission and I have the dash out of the car :mad: . Has anyone put a custom autosound 2000 series speaker in a 69 dash? If someone has do you remember what the bracket looked like.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

Yes my speaker also looks like the bottom one, but it will not fit. I called custom autosound 3 times yesterday -- still waiting for a call back :mad:

I wish there was someone else that made modern speakers that would fit.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I got some of their kickpanels with speaker holes. I put some nice Boston Acoustics component speakers in them. This will render your parking brake useless. This was not a problem for me, since I plan on installing a hand brake on the tunnel in the future. They sure sounf great with an Xtant amp and a subwoofer.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Originally posted by andrewb70:
This will render your parking brake useless.

Andrew
Andrew,
Do you think a little creativity with the sawzall and the MIG welder, you can relocate the parking brake pedal slightly to the right and clear the speakers?

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Originally posted by mike69ss:
Thanks for the reply,

Yes my speaker also looks like the bottom one, but it will not fit. I called custom autosound 3 times yesterday -- still waiting for a call back :mad:

I wish there was someone else that made modern speakers that would fit.
Welcome to the wonderful world of custom auto sounds

In all seriousness, I don't have any experience with that exact product, HOWEVER, if this is for a factory Delco radio, you must wire the speakers in series to prevent output circuitry damage--a little FYI :eek:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
You know, as I sit and read this again, I'm wondering if I didn't use the 'OEM' bracket instead of the one that came with the speaker. Its been a year or so, and I'm OLD, so anything is possible. I do know that I didn't need to fab anything, it was a bolt in.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Its pretty tight under there. I am not sure if a spacer might be fabricated to relocate the e brake pedal. In all honesty, maybe all that is needed is to angle the bottom of the braket slightly to the right, so that the pedal does not come straight down. This would give a little more room to clear the speaker. I will have to explore this once the weather warms up. I can't wait for this winter to end.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts