Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the better part of the day trying to install my original rechromed speedo bezel.But it will not line up right it is sitting about 1/4" higher then the radio bezel .The 4 holes on the top of the bezel line up with the dash no problem but the 4 holes on the bottom are out 1/4" result - the bezel is 1/4" higher then the radio bezel.What am i missing , I'm sure it fit last fall when i took it apart.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Are you sure it's an original GM bezel? The aftermarket one's generally fit like crap! Originals have round mounting holes, aftermarkets have square mounting holes typically on the bottom row. If it fit correctly before, theres no reason it shouldn't fit right now. Many rechromers will take your part put it in inventory and send you one that they allready have on the shelf. If you have to you could enlarge the mounting holes on the bezel so that you can adjust it for a better fit!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My speedo trim is only in line with the glove box trim. The radio bezel extends below bottom of both. I assumed it was the way it should be.

Rene
66_Malibu

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will recheck the bezel tonite to see if it was a repo but i'm sure it is original, by the condition of it when i took it off[chrome worn] another possibility is, could it be a 1967 i know when i bought the car it had a 1967 radio bezel. Also maybe if i took the whole dash out of the car and tried to reinstall it,it may go on and line up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts