Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Chevelle 327/2004r
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share. I’ve been searching for a dedicated GPS tracker that I can monitor for my Chevelle. There’s a lot of junk Chinese trackers with zero support from the manufacturer in the market. Anyways, I found an American company who makes their devices here in America and they use American customer support. They provide trackers for large trucking and marine outfits. LandAirSea 54

The tracker in the link above is about the size of a hockey puck. They also sell hardwire kits, that’s the route I went with. Trackers also have a battery back up in case the power is cut off. I paid about $230 upfront for 2 years of tracking. It averages to about $10 a month. I am not affiliated with this company, just wanted to share for anyone who is in the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
and this makes it useless

·
Registered
1965 Chevelle 327/2004r
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly there’s tools out there to defeat it. I also have a club, a steering wheel lock and a kill switch. All defeatable but used together will (hopefully) slow a thief down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I keep mine in a garage w a vehicle parked in front of my shut garage door that’s locked from the inside have a security system looking at my front yard just cuz and I’m never more than 15 ft from my car. Yes ignition hidden kill switch and a battery cutout . You’ll never see me take it to the store and leave her in a parking lot of priuses but cool idea

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Don't forget a good insurance policy cause if they want it they might just get it.
No club here or kill switch. Blocks above the garage door and no auto opener. Camera outside. Never leave it unattended and circle the block before parking in garage as someone is always watching or following.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Years ago I used a hi beam floor mounted switch as a ignition cut out switch on a 1987 El Camino. They broke in and spent a great deal of time trying to start it, so long that the battery was dead when I got to the car. In talking to several folks that were in the area it seems they ran the battery down and a bystander stopped to help and tried jumping the vehicle. When several people came to help they left and in the process left a van that was stolen from a Costco down the street. I may have had to repair the steering column and fix the door but my car was still mine. The key IMHO is to keep a thief away from the engine compartment on older vehicles. Too easy to hot wire. I now use a kill switch and hide my hood release. I also second the fact of "keeping your vehicles in the garage when not in use".
We use tracking devices on our work vehicles, and would recommend them to follow a vehicle and possibly recover it. We have found it best to hide the unit so it is not noticeable. We install them under the seat or in the headliner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I live 12 acres in the sticks. 50 head cattle one one side. Disabled Vietnam vet on the other. 1 acre behind me. Snakes. Skunks possums. Feral cats. Oytes and Texas barb wire growing. Have 72 67 chevelles 2000 excursion and deuce and half in mAn cave Four dogs bark if a cockroach farts. Home is not my issue. Also 600’ drive way. Also I am a hog hunter at night.
when do you guys drive your vehicles? Or you just polish them every day.
I work offshore in GoM. When I am off I am off. Daily commute is a moot point.
brookshire Texas. Shane

grocery store? Airport? Office to deliver paperwork? My dad in law says to keep your eye on the 67. Mmmm
Been in Houston area since 95. Seen one one car 67 camaro. That’s it. Old guy rattling the parking lot pavement off at Home Depot. . No chevelles

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't forget a good insurance policy cause if they want it they might just get it.
No club here or kill switch. Blocks above the garage door and no auto opener. Camera outside. Never leave it unattended and circle the block before parking in garage as someone is always watching or following.
I also circle the block a few times and am constantly looking in my rear view I know it sounds like paranoia at this point but people are scumbags I had a group of two older men speed up to catch me as I was pulling in my garage they pulled up slightly aggressively. After I shut my garage door I proceeded to walk out and gave them a piece of my mind for doing that. They were in their mid 60s and it was harmless they wanted to talk shop but it it irked me. And yes I’m fully insured no doubt about that. Sometimes I don’t even wanna take my car out because of this crap

·
Registered
191 Posts
I live 12 acres in the sticks. 50 head cattle one one side. Disabled Vietnam vet on the other. 1 acre behind me. Snakes. Skunks possums. Feral cats. Oytes and Texas barb wire growing. Have 72 67 chevelles 2000 excursion and deuce and half in mAn cave Four dogs bark if a cockroach farts. Home is not my issue. Also 600’ drive way. Also I am a hog hunter at night.
when do you guys drive your vehicles? Or you just polish them every day.
I work offshore in GoM. When I am off I am off. Daily commute is a moot point.
brookshire Texas. Shane

grocery store? Airport? Office to deliver paperwork? My dad in law says to keep your eye on the 67. Mmmm
Been in Houston area since 95. Seen one one car 67 camaro. That’s it. Old guy rattling the parking lot pavement off at Home Depot. . No chevelles
Honestly I live in a populated area that isn’t the best in town. When I’m in the mood I take it out just for a cruise get on it a few times go visit my parents or I’ll take it to a show other than that she’s locked up sad it’s come to that point I mean my car isn’t worth the same as a new hellcat but for some reason people gravitate towards a nice looking fast chevelle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow.
I will take them out 67 & 72. Swivel head and have the prick charm on.
thanks.
neither is ready for out and about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts