Team Chevelle banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to get the Ign switch out of the dash on a 68 CHevelle?? Its been about 20 years sinse I have done it and there has been way too many beers, shots and other stuff that may or may not be legal. So I could really use your help. I am trying to remove the plastic part that houses the inst. cluster and heater control. I have every thing else off except for the Ign. Switch. I know it has something to do with the little hole next to the key hole and turning the switch to someplace. Any help would be great. Also has anyone ever put a tach in where the square Chevelle thing is between the speedo head and the oil, alt. fuel gauges??

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Its in the tech archives under interiors.I used a thin drill bit on mine thou,the flat side didn't seem to work with a paperclip.Insert key and clip into hole turn key same time pressing into hole key will go all the away around then just screw off bezel.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Are you talking about the stock tach or aftermaket.Have the stock,mts to the metal pan of the insert has a top and bottom light with 2 prong electrical connector.Have to pop off cover of dash.there is a insert tach cover.Can use the other and cut out to make.Have to smooth the bumps on the cover the stock is smooth and chrome trimed.Aftermarket just pop insert out drill hole for tach maybe pan to will need hole then pop insert back in.Not a whole lot of room in sert for a good size round tach,seen most take out there clock and put it in there but what ever you like.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Looking at mine, might have problem reading tach that vertical.Can always come back and square cut cover and build a box out of teflon,or something to put it in more of a recessed angle.IMO that would look sharp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts