Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently had my 350 engine rebuilt in my 71 chevelle. I'm really not to thrilled with the stuttering sound of the ignition kicking over. My electronic setup is completely stock as far as I know. I currently have a manual choke carburator. I'm sure if I throw in an electrical choke carb it will help, but I'm looking for other tips. Any suggestions for other components to upgrade or possibly introduce under the hood?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still has a little hesitation when not cold. Of course less than when it is cold. I don't know, it may be a starter issue. That's kind of why I'm asking. Just trying to get others thoughts on engine ignition improvements tips.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I can't get a read on this. Either you are having a problem with the starting system and it cranks slow or something. Or it cranks fine, fast enough but it just does not start, or it cranks fine and starts quickly but then when running it hesitates.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Fresh HEI (with a good 12V coming in from a 12-ga. wire), Heli-coil plug wires (like Taylor or MSD SuperConductor), and new AC Delco plugs. That will give you as much fire as you'll get anywhere.

Then freshen up or replace the carburetor. Nothing wrong with a manual choke, just don't forget to un-choke it once it's running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts