Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over for definative answers on how to paint my interior parts but all I get is more confused and frustrated.

I have to order stuff soon and don't know what I need. I have to do the dash, windlace,and other small stuff(seat belt covers, rear view mirror base cover). How do I prep and what do I need? I want to use SEM stuff. Does thier landau black paint both plastic and vinyl? Sould I prime? OR SOULD I JUST SELL THE CAR? :mad:
Also: the windlace in the front and back are full of glue and crap. It looks like the same stuff Year One sells for 66-67 cars. Is it? I would rather just buy that new rather than clean and prep and paint it cause the paint supplies add up in cost real fast?
Thanks for any help in advance. If you can' thelp that's cool too. I'm going insane. I want to do this once and never again. Help. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :( :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
319 Posts
You know, I was in a similar state of frustration and confusion about the same thing. I knew SEM was the way to go, so I just decided to call them, ask for a tech guy and he was VERY generous with his time in explaining everything. They also have the step by step directions of how to use their products on their web site. I don't have the URL, but a quick Google search should find it. Print out the instructions or just call them.

I actually decided not to change the color of my interior, so I haven't actually USED the information I got, but I bet you'll be happy with the straight answers right from SEM.

Ed.

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Here's a link for you. SEM Web Page It's good stuff. I have to pay about $8 a can around here. Be sure and use the Plastic Prep and the Sand Free. Makes it bond really well to plastic AND vinyl.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep, listen to these guys SEM Is the way to go. I did my dash and it came out beautiful, Just make sure you prep your part very well by cleaning with some type of automotive paint prep, like wax and grease cleaner or something. I just used thinner and it worked ok, use the plastic prep spray first. Any automotive paint supply should have SEM paint

good luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
I'm still researching and started another post cause I had a different question so anyone who wants to reply please post on "Has anyone ever?" on this forum. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts