Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 66 has been on the road since June, I bought a bunch of parts for it last year for the interior, exterior, suspension etc. As time wore on ive been installing stuff here and there and I had a coupme days to mess with the car and finally got the passenger side door panel, weather strip arm eats etc installed and I realized after I get the drivers side done my box of parts is just about empty (visors and headliner left).
Lots of stuff I can still do which I will, but its nice to get stuff out of the shed and onto the car. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
its a great feeling Jim, I know what you mean. I have more room for new toys now that everything is slowly being put on my car

·
Registered
14,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more new toys this year unless its darn near free. Even the old junk is getting sold, dumped or donated.
Jim

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Half of my 10x20 parts room is wagon parts that will go back on the car after it is painted. It will be so nice to have that space back to help organize all the rest of the junk in there. The 2 wagon parts cars are full of stuff too.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Hmmm........we're all on the same track............I just cleaned out the 5 car garage over the weekend, hauled a truckload of recyclables away.........it's looking good. Over the holidays, I got a lot of stuff back on my 56, and my shop is a little more organized. We need to get the interior back in the kid's 67 Malibu wagon to clear a little more room.....so I can get more stuff.

·
Registered
14,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't there a swap meet next weekend at the track?
and speaking of not buying junk, theres a 6-71 blower only on craigslist. Ive got a intake just need to find the drive parts......jim

·
Gold Founding Member
758 Posts
I just emptied out a 12 x 10 shed full of parts. Once all the crap was gone, I even put the shed up on craigslist and got rid of it too!

I am downsizing and it feels good.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Isn't there a swap meet next weekend at the track?
and speaking of not buying junk, theres a 6-71 blower only on craigslist. Ive got a intake just need to find the drive parts......jim
I haven't heard of a swap meet next weekend.......I hope not, because it's supposed to rain, and I have to be out of town on business next weekend.

·
Registered
14,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im pretty sure the "road kill" is going to be filming out at s i r they'd having a run your junk drag race $3000 and under race cars. Swap meet, etc. Check out road kill on you tube and net flix. Its frieburger from hotrod magazine and some other guy that hosts the show. Thier stuff is right up my alley. Nothing pretty, just functional. Jim

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Im pretty sure the "road kill" is going to be filming out at s i r they'd having a run your junk drag race $3000 and under race cars. Swap meet, etc. Check out road kill on you tube and net flix. Its frieburger from hotrod magazine and some other guy that hosts the show. Thier stuff is right up my alley. Nothing pretty, just functional. Jim
It's a good show. I've seen every episode and some of the specials. If they were in my area I would definitely make the trip to see them.

My 66 is in the style of what they build. Maybe just a bit better sorted though.

·
Registered
14,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No more new toys this year unless its darn near free. Even the old junk is getting sold, dumped or donated.
Jim
So I just went and picked up a pair of 15x6 drag lites this afternoon. So much for no more junk.
Actually I got these to replace the 15x 3.5" front runners on the chevelle now. Jim

Reactions: b&b's69

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I can put together about 10 running Big blocks right now minus machine work. The trouble is "little" big blocks don't move real well anymore, that is enough to justify the expense of building. Only sold 1- 72- CLB 402+.030 and 1-402 w/o49's in last two years. I have 1- 468, 781 head motor that I can't recoup on. Might have to find a project car to move it. I am winding down somewhat and most if any additional builds will probably be stroker motors.

Attachments

Reactions: 71350SS
1 - 14 of 14 Posts