Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First off I'm a novice. I really love chevelles especially 67's. I'm planning on purchasing a 67'Chevelle SS body, which needs an engine, tranny, interior, headliner, wiring. I would like to add front disks, front and rear sway bars, redo front end, interior, and paint. I was wondering if I'm in over my head. I have around 6,000 to put in I can do the paint and body work myself and I have a friend that can help with engine adn tranny. I was wondering if some of the experienced people out there can give me some pointers. Oh forgot the 67' has power steering, brakes, a/c, and power windows. There was a small fire under the hood so it warped the precious ss hood, and went through tranny hole and burnt carpet, headliner, and messed up the wiring. I was also wondering how long will this project take if done efficiently. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Well you have come to the right place. There are some really good guys here that will help you out. As for 'What do I do next" Get a really good job that pays lots of money! Best of luck on your project

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hi robintabana, welcome to the site. Well, there are many variables involved to be able to answer your questions. First of all the major factor here that is going to help determine the answers to your questions is how nice of a car/fast do you want to go. I am currently doing a resto on a '67 SS myself, and trying to make something that I can take to the shows, and $6,000 didn't get me very far
. Time is probably harder to estimate than the cost, depending on how bad the car is, how nice you want to make it, and how little of a life you want to have

Hang around here and do alot of reading, this site saved me alot of money and time. Having the experience of as many people as there are on here is invaluable when your undertaking a project.

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
First and foremost....

Price everything you want to do, in the order of importance.

Next get the selling price of the finished car (power windows is nice).

Try to keep it to the essentials in an effort to keep the finished price under the selling value of the car (business school 1A). In other words go into this prepared and knowing where you will wind up.

Now add 20% to that price and mentally write it off never to be seen again (just 'cause you love the car). Your estimate will never be accurate.

Next hang around here and ask lots of questions so you can do it right the first time (not like some of us, ha ha).

Good luck.
Chuck
ps: You're right. I love my '67 too.

[This message has been edited by Chuck B (edited 10-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Chuck B (edited 10-26-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.