Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have completed 5 years of honorable service in the NAVY and i am separating on friday. it has been quite the adventure, i have to admit that. i have seen and done things most people couldn't imagine. i have been to pretty much every place people see on the news and more. but, as much as i am excited to get out, i honestly think i will miss it. right now i am nervous because i have a new job lined up at Oceaneering in morgan city, la and dont have any family or friends there so it will be hard starting out completely fresh. i am disconnecting my cable and internet tonight so it will be a while until i am active on here again. so until i get back on here i want to say THANKS ALOT TEAM CHEVELLE--ya'll have helped me in some awesome ways.

thanks ,
eric

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Enjoy civilian life! And, thanks for your honorable service!

Are you a nuc? if you are and want a good job with adventure, e-mail me.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I did 22 in the Air Force and suspect you went through a lot more in 5 years. Thanks for your service and best of luck in your new lifepath.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ditto... 21 years Air Force and I retired from active duty this month. I don't miss it YET.
Best wishes in all your endeavors...

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Give Mayport a goodbye wave for me, Squid :D

Thanks for going 'haze grey & underway', I know what it's like :)

You can take the guy out of the Navy, but you can't take the squid outta the guy :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wish I could say tha I was getting out on Friday but I have 14 yrs left. I have 16 behind me and doing the 30 yr tour. Good luck on the outside

Stop by when you get to La.

BMC

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
well i have completed 5 years of honorable service in the NAVY and i am separating on friday. it has been quite the adventure, i have to admit that. i have seen and done things most people couldn't imagine. i have been to pretty much every place people see on the news and more. but, as much as i am excited to get out, i honestly think i will miss it. right now i am nervous because i have a new job lined up at Oceaneering in morgan city, la and dont have any family or friends there so it will be hard starting out completely fresh. i am disconnecting my cable and internet tonight so it will be a while until i am active on here again. so until i get back on here i want to say THANKS ALOT TEAM CHEVELLE--ya'll have helped me in some awesome ways.

thanks ,
eric
I can imagine it. USS Fairfax County, Widbey Island, Wasp (twice), Nashville, Shreveport, and two more I can't think of right now. :)

Have a good one and take care SHIPMATE. Wow, I can't believe I just typed that. :)

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. Thanks for serving. I don't know if there is a military reserve or guard unit nearby but if you are inclined to check it out, there is an F-15 unit in NOLA (ANG) Typically prior service guys can get in easily and retain some rank. I have been doing the part-time gig and just passed my 20 year mark for total service (7.5 AD). Got 6-8 to go. Makes for a little extra at retirement time.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hi Eric,

From one Navy veteran to another CONGRATULATIONS! and happy DD214 to you (Honable Discharge papers) day! It is a little bit of an adjustment but that will pass. First thing I noticed was how lazy the average civilian is in the real world. What you learned just being in will make you a better person. Congrats and now hear this:

DING DING Now departing Petty Oficer Eric

ENJOY the freedom you helped all us enjoy. :thumbsup: If you were closer I would buy you a beer :beers: one Navy vet to another!

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Hi Eric,

From one Navy veteran to another CONGRATULATIONS! and happy DD214 to you (Honable Discharge papers) day!

Greg
Some advice, make sure the "rough" version of your DD214 is completely accurate. I was so happy to get out in 93, I just signed the rough copy and left base. Then about a month later I got my "original" and it had two awards missing and my sea service deployments listed as only 1. Took damn near an act of congress to fix it. When I came back in 96, I made sure my reenlistment date and broken time were correct so it wouldn't happen again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i looked over my rough dd214 today and it was all jacked up. even my last name was a typo. i have 15 ribbons and they only had me down for 4. my expert pistol and rifle weren't on there but the documentation was in my service record so at least i got those. i had to dig up the papers for my NAM's from my own personal copies that i keep. the only ones i couldn't prove were my nato and nato kosovo medals, but i dont really care about those, they were just being in the right place at the right time kinda thing and in 2 days they are just little colorful pieces of ribbon to me.

ps...ed3196499 on my way out i am stopping at the base in New Orleans to see a friend of mine that is TAD there. i will give you a shout.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hey Eric, I noticed your tag line in your sig. You sure it isn't "If it's broke, and you can't fix it, call A-gang"? :D That's about how it was when I was a-gang lpo on the Goldsborough (DDG 20). We had to hide, take the phone off the hook for any rest underway. ;) Good luck with your new job. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts