Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a continuation of "I'm 16 & I don't drive an Import!" in case anyone wants to write replies, comments, suggestions, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Socalrat said the following, posted it for new people who didnt read the first thread.
-------
I'm 16 and drive a 67 Malibu <beat-up, ripped seats(seat springs hurt by the way),primered trunk, 5 year old Earl Shrieber $99 paint job, looks like a Car Craft feature car(love Car Craft)> and slowly being restored when I get the $. I got a new front suspension kit and disc brakes at least. The people talking about their high schools in the Chevelle Owners-Dying Breed? post sure got it made. Only my '67, 2 Mustangs, and a 69 Elky remain now since the Seniors graduated. Every other car is either a rice burner or a new and lowered truck. I got so ticked off that I am starting a club just for Generation X-ers who drive classic cars. I'll soon have the website up and running http://genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com
and pics and other stuff uploaded. And since I didn't want to have to pay money to the state and I'm too broke to pay for a membership, I decided to make it free to join. However you must be a part of Generation X. Team Chevelle and Classic Cars Forever! Woohoo!
-----

Chris
71 SS 454 (468)

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
Jason, I finally read the entire 1st thread and although I'm way past Gen X (50) I support what you are doing. I love seeing all the younger generation involved in this hobby. When I was 16 I got to see the muscle car explosion. It was great being able to go down to the local dealer and order a "race" car. I always wanted a 65 Biscayne with a 427, 4 speed, heater delete and a rubber floor mat. It told the world that only one thing was important. POWER My first Chevelle was 68 SS L-78, 4 speed, no ps, no a/c and I lived in Phoenix at the time. You guys keep the fires burning and remember to pass it on to your children. Even if we can't get gas 30 years from now, you can lean on the fender of that classic Chevelle and bench race. God Bless

------------------
Philip Valentine
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
288 Posts
im 20 now but Ive had my car since I was 16. I bought it compleatly stock and beat up. best way to go. now after four years its got everythign from the 454 with a cowl hood to the 295-60's ive got on the back of my beast. its turning low 14's(3.08gear) and is a blast to drive. Ive got friends who have rice burners too and trust me man. the ladies love the rimble of a V8, rather than the suped up sewing machine sound of hondas.
I think that the rice burner fad that is going on right now in our peer group is mostly due to hip hop. I dont know many rice buners that are blasting metalica instead of ricky martin or something. anyways, stick with your car man and you'll be whipping all the rice rockets in the lots at school.

·
Registered
288 Posts
im 20 now but Ive had my car since I was 16. I bought it compleatly stock and beat up. best way to go. now after four years its got everythign from the 454 with a cowl hood to the 295-60's ive got on the back of my beast. its turning low 14's(3.08gear) and is a blast to drive. Ive got friends who have rice burners too and trust me man. the ladies love the rimble of a V8, rather than the suped up sewing machine sound of hondas.
I think that the rice burner fad that is going on right now in our peer group is mostly due to hip hop. I dont know many rice buners that are blasting metalica instead of ricky martin or something. anyways, stick with your car man and you'll be whipping all the rice rockets in the lots at school.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Justin,
More power to ya! Everybody's entitled to do there own thing including Honda CX's and mini trucks. Most of my middle aged gearhead friends are like me; we walk right past a new Lexus or Acura in the garage to drive our old muscle cars whenever we can. It's great to see young people with a interest in any car especially the stuff that turned me on when I was young. some of us, regardless of age, just gotta have a V-8!!. Keep at it, and if you need help with the Chevelle, just ask. mgg

[This message has been edited by Manny Gomez (edited 07-24-99).]

[This message has been edited by Manny Gomez (edited 07-27-99).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Justin, what was in your beast before the 454 came into play?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.