Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 16 and drive a 67 Malibu <beat-up, ripped seats(seat springs hurt by the way),primered trunk, 5 year old Earl Shrieber $99 paint job, looks like a Car Craft feature car(love Car Craft)> and slowly being restored when I get the $. I got a new front suspension kit and disc brakes at least. The people talking about their high schools in the Chevelle Owners-Dying Breed? post sure got it made. Only my '67, 2 Mustangs, and a 69 Elky remain now since the Seniors graduated. Every other car is either a rice burner or a new and lowered truck. I got so ticked off that I am starting a club just for Generation X-ers who drive classic cars. I'll soon have the website up and running http://genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com
and pics and other stuff uploaded. And since I didn't want to have to pay money to the state and I'm too broke to pay for a membership, I decided to make it free to join. However you must be a part of Generation X. Team Chevelle and Classic Cars Forever! Woohoo!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyhelp you need with the website let me know, ive done some web work in the past and am pretty adept at Photoshop.

Im 16 too.. 71' 454 SS =)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good idea! I'm 21 and there's no one my age doing what I've been doing. While everyone else is looking for the best and loudest stereo for their car, I'm still trying to find an original 8-track player for mine. I understand I may not "qualify" for your club, but its a great idea. I've got a 72 Chevelle and I just bought a 71 SS that need a ton of work, so I'm really getting into this car-thing heavy. I grew up restoring and building classic cars (thanks Dad!). I figured I'd wait till after college to get one, but I couldn't. I bought my 72 just after my Junior year and I just bought the 71 about a month and a half ago. I graduated in December with a Bachelor's degree in Biology, but I know a lot more about Chevelles than I do about Biology now! I love it. Its good to see America's youth doing something besides going to jail.

BTW, nice homepage! You should put your car on there, no matter what shape its in. Who's Woody Wagon is that? Very nice!!

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. And 72Malibu you do qualify for the club Generation X is anyone age 15-35 as of now. And 454 I could use some help if you want to. E-mail me and we'll work something out. 72Malibu, I don't know who's Woody that is. Some guy sent me the pic a long time ago because he wanted to sell it. Do you like the pic at the bottom of the page? My friend made it. And I'm getting pics of my 67 as soon as my friend scans 'em. Thanks again.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry! GenX is 16-38 as of now. Born 1961-1983.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
SoCAlRat, WOW I'm in. I was just beginning to feel old and I just made the tail end of X , born in 61. I'm relieved to hear you guys are still into Detroit Iron. If I had $$$ to burn I'd ship the 396 coming out of my 67 to the west coast so you could eat a paddy full of rice burners for lunch! I'll help any way I can. Keep the fire burnin' man.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hey Jason-
I'll give you hand with any of the club stuff heck I could get pics of my friends muscle cars we could put them up and say hey,"All Kid's don't drive rice" maybe we can inspire some youngin's to drive real American Steel!
BTW-I'm 17 and I do drive an import!

not for long though...I hope!

ya see, I sold my bu' then my mom sold the 67' Camaro and now there's no Formal wear(bowtie) in our driveway OH Well!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

[This message has been edited by Steve D 64 SS (edited 07-19-99).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I'm 18 and the only kid in my high school who actually owns my own Chevelle. Others kids drive their dad's or grandma's and pretend that it is really theirs. Count me in, man.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the support. We need to spread the word! 454 is going to help me build the site and I got Gene Chas backing me up(You made it bud right on the deadline) and I saw his clean 67(makes me want to cry Steve that he was thinking of selling it! Good choice Gene!). And Gene, future plans on my 67 call for a 350 or 383 Stroker so hold on to that 396 cause I can smoke riceburners even with my 283! And Steve, I've been checking ads everyday for you buddy! We're gonna get you a 65! (BTW The mag came today, the cash is in the mail) And the BEST news about the club is its FREE cause we all know that the cash goes into the car not into a club unless people want to donate
which I would appreciate because as soon as we start getting members we're gonna get stickers for your cars. Thanks for the support again. If you want to help with the website or anything e-mail me at [email protected] I welcome all pics! Gene can I put your 67 on there? And remember, Open those headers, dump the clutch, and let GenX show you how it's done!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a side note. I passionately hate it when kids tell me that I should put a system in my '69. Screw that, AM is the way to go. Most people can't believe that I actually spent money to get my center speaker working.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful Malibu4door! Just beautiful! Get that AM crankin'! My radio doesn't even work! I just listen to the car(before I took the engine out). Detroit Iron forever!

·
Registered
63 Posts
All i got in mine is the stock am .. thinking about changing it but ... well it hurts i dont want to take it out =)

-Chris

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris,
I'll tell you this. I have a Pioneer CD player in mine now. Future plans are to install an AM and hide CD player in a repro tissue dispenser! Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hey Jason-
Thanks for the words man! Hope you enjoy that Chevelles mag! Hey, how close are you to riverside? Check at Auto Trader Online I was cruising through, there's a 66 kickin' it there that sounds pretty tight!(Plus it's in the range of having 8300 to fix it up!) But(there's always that) I don't want to go an hour and a half for a piece o' crap that I turn around from when I lay my eyes on it.
Anyway Thanks.
Hey also, I got some pretty dope pics of a 69 yesterday. Crusing to the liquor store this 69 350 Malibu caught my eye so I had my friend snap some pics, it's sad, it's rotting away! And the $%&**& Grandma won't sell it, believe me I tried! It's pretty funny all the bird **** on the drivers side quarter panel!
I'll get it developed!

------------------
Steve
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey we should check how many states can be represented as members of the GenX club. Here's North Dakota as one.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve, I'm about 40 minutes away because of traffic. But, I saw the ad and I don't know it sounds like a piece to me, but you never know! I'd personally call up one of these guys even though it might be farther to drive.
1966 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE, 327, power steering,
power brakes, disc brakes, new paint, rebuilt engine,transmission, interior, CD player, great CAR, $4500 or best offer, Scott, 760-240-2626
OR
1965 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE, rebuilt hi-pro, 350, cam,headers, chrome, 4-speed, new paint, Kenwood sound system, fast, clean, $6500 or best offer (510)783-3911
(510)783-8619
Man, are cars cheap here in California! And Steve can't wait for the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Jason-
Yea, I'm kinda thinking it's a piece but I guess you never know my 64 cost me 700 bucks because the guy needed $$$$. Thanks for the ads but I don't think I want to go that far right now, maybe if I get desperate enough!
Also I'm looking 64-69 right now, considering good deals on 70's.

------------------
Steve
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Malibu4door,
We got SoCal(SoCalRat),New York(Gene Chas),Canada(454), & you(North Dakota). We're pretty much covering N.America as of now.

Steve,
I understand on the travel issues. I'll be checking for you.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
SoCal, my pic is yours, but what "gen" is my 2 yr old behind the wheel!
Hey malibu4door, I've got a wicked arse sound system planned for my '67 it's got three Holley 80211's, 11:1, that beautiful symphony of 16 solid lifters, 2" primary tubes.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-19-99).]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey SoCalRat. Sounds like a good idea, i'm in.

Saskatchewan, Canada. Now you have the Canadian Praries too

1971 Malibu, no engine :O
Sold the 350 out of it for 2G's, now i'm about 3 weeks away from starting up my monster 454, oh ya. That's gonna be sweet. I'm 19 btw. You guys want to know devotion to Chevelles, of the 4 years of working i've done, I spent about 90-95% of everything I made over those 4 years on my Chevelle. And if I could do it again, I wouldn't change a thing, well, maybe I wouldn't back the car off the ramps with the jack under it again
. Anyway, I'll help if you need it. You can check out my page at member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage.html

Chevelles Forever!
Chris

btw, old restored cars are plentiful in the auto trader up here so there isn't a shortage yet!

[This message has been edited by Gandalf80 (edited 07-19-99).]

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.