Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 chevelle malibu, the problem is with the electrical. When I go and try to start the car I turn the key and the idiot lights will light, and then go to start but nothing happens no cranking nothing and everything dies. When I try to start it again, I turn the key there are no idiot lights and it will not crank, I have to let it sit awhile before the idiot lights will come back on, but still wont start and everything goes dead. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this. Battery is new.
Thanks Eagle

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It's normal for the dash lights to go out when you turn the key to START. When you release the key they should pop back on in a couple of seconds if the car didn't start.
What do your battery cables look like? Are they clean and tight on the battery? What about the battery negative cable on the engine block? Clean and tight? The small wire from battery (-) to the right inside fender? Clean and tight? There is a small lead from battery (+) to a junction block behind the battery. Is that clean and tight?
Think I would start there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts