Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting the wiring finished up for my 68 chevelle. Got the bezzel nut for the ignition switch last night and installed it with the chome bezzel. Went to crank it up an nearly whacked my head on the roof when I got a 12 volt wakeup!

As I write this post I am thinking that the dash may not be grounded because I have yet to fully install it, and the only lights that work on the dash are those that have ground wires (GEN and OIL). Would that cause the igniton key to shock whomever is touching it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that it only shocks me when the key is turned to the "start" position (the one that engages the starter). Otherwise I just hear the horn buzzer when the key is inserted.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea, thunder...I guess the ground for the dash is that metal tab on the top closest to the wiper switches? I also have a small "bar" that was leftover and I couldn't remember wher it goes! Are there any other places to ground that I am missing?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grounded the dash using the metal tab on the left corner and a dash trim screw. I saw a number of ground straps noted in the assembly manual that are missing. I guess those are next!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts