Team Chevelle banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Heck Matt, if I am understanding you correctly..... I run one.....sort of..... 21st century -163....

WHT, that thing get too close to a blast furnace and get a "twist"!? Whoa.... some sort of "street version" with Chrysler 300 length runenrs?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What is it ?
It's called a Torklink intake, I have one hanging on the wall. I sold my other one as it had smaller ports and runners than this one did. Got some good money for that one, guy drove 300miles and gave me $500 for it but the thing was new in the box.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Heck Matt, if I am understanding you correctly..... I run one.....sort of..... 21st century -163....

WHT, that thing get too close to a blast furnace and get a "twist"!? Whoa.... some sort of "street version" with Chrysler 300 length runenrs?
That too is a damn good intake and you can run it one a sq. port head if you like as seem by the taller flange at the intake ports.

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Member who also posted abot the torklink?
One you have has the larger runners? Would you consider letting go of it?
Also looking for a nice 300-36.

Imagine a BB version of that torklink...huge tork. Cool lookin' piece
Like the idea of a 2 pc dual plane for porting. Often thought of that, how to do it?

Bet GM or AFR would be capable of making it.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
It's called a Torklink intake, I have one hanging on the wall. I sold my other one as it had smaller ports and runners than this one did. Got some good money for that one, guy drove 300miles and gave me $500 for it but the thing was new in the box.
Did ya ever use it? It’s a dual plane rt?
Take it down off the wall and blow the dust off it and take some pictures of it!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Did ya ever use it? It’s a dual plane rt?
Take it down off the wall and blow the dust off it and take some pictures of it!
It's kind of a dual/single plane intake. One side feeds the even cyls. and the other side feeds the odd cyls. Let me look I might have some pictures already. It does have the divider cut down as it was made for top end circle track stuff so I made a divider out of aluminum with a 1" spacer to test. Just never got around to it using it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

It's a single plain crossram:)

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,999 Posts
Yes Brodix owner needed one for his Camaro so had it made LOL, I'd like to try one, IIRC Road Roamer has one? his engine builder did a vid on the low Brodix intake, HV 2016 & HV 2017 5.175 tall I'm not sure these are the New one's though, it's from Brodix website, also looks like either No divider or not much of one is better for a dual plane, I've cut them down 3/8"-1/2" just from reading it's better

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I had a 70 Nova with a 375hp 396 BBC with the pancake intake with a 780 Holley on the car and it went so-so. I swapped a guy that intake for areal L-88 cut down divider 093 intake manifold. My friends all said it would not fit under the hood, it did and that intake really woke up that 396. Sadly I traded the 093 for a Eddy TM2-R single plane intake thinking I'd make more power, boy was I wrong on that one. What a mistake that was.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts