Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this info under the FAQs on Taxact.com

If you chose the option to have your TaxACT filing fees deducted from your refund, the IRS sent your income tax refund to Republic Bank. The transaction fees and TaxACT's product fees were then deducted, and they forwarded the balance of your refund to your bank account. Because the IRS is not working through the 3rd party banks to process the Stimulus Payments, you will receive yours by paper check.

This may slow down the "getting your stimulus check" till as late as July 4th.
Has anyone that used taxact got there money yet? If you did was it a paper check or direct deposited? My stepdaughter got hers direct deposit but she only filed federal with taxact and didn't have to pay taxact any fees. A guy I work with filed both state and federal with taxact and payed there fees, He called them and he is getting a paper check.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
I used Turbo Tax and they use a third party bank, but I can't remember which one..
I used Turbo Tax too, but I paid the fees up front. Still waiting for my money, though. I need to stimulate my Firebird engine rebuild fund, and my CB08 hotel fund. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used taxact, but paid the fee up front with a CC. I didn't want to mess with deducting the fee from the refund, respecting Murphy's Law. Now I'm glad I didn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.