Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've got a 402 BB that I'm dropping in my recently accquired '67 chevelle. This is my first restore so I'll probably have quite a few posts. My question is what aftermarket distributer would you guys recomend for my 402? The car is going to be a cruiser not on the strip. The blocks been bored .060 over and its going to have 9:1 compression. Everything else is pretty much stock specs. Thanks for the help.

Will this one work?
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=198083&prmenbr=361

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... what brand would you recomend and which one?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
the best thing about a stock HEI is the built in coil location. i had a mallory comp 9000 on my camino when i bought it and the coil was actually laying loose on the intake manifold. after going crazy trying to find a good spot to locate the coil [holley 750 and edelbrock rpm left no room on the manifold and a/c left no room on the firewall] i just put in a stock HEI and my car doesnt know the difference. also easy to get new caps etc. at any auto parts store. main thing is to avoid the points type distributor unless you are going for a correct restore.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
My 68 has a 402 and runs with an ACCEL-brand. I didn't install it, but it works perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts