Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know that I am going to hear both sides on this but I personally will never buy anything from JEGS again.

Story: A buddy owed me some money and didn't have it but had his credit card. So I had him order the Comp Cams 292H kit with springs. The only thing that I have purchased from Jegs so far. Okay, Contact Jegs about sending the Comp Cam back in exchange for the Lunati, Said they normally couldn't do it because I didn't have the invoice but since it was within the year they would do it. They give me what the difference is and the 11.99 for shipping and handling. I send the cam back.

They call me and tell me they ran the information and that cam was not purchased from Jegs. That's funny my son is wearing the Yellow "new" hat from Jegs as my screen saver. I have been dealing with this for two weeks. They can't find anything. Now, I know it is my responsibility to have the invoice but I really didn't expect to exchange this plus I called in advance and a certain person told me they would do it. Now they say they won't.

They basically called me a thief and a liar for two weeks. Here is the best part. Today I call to find out about my cam, they haven't sent it back yet but have my money order for the $102 difference. Then Susan, and then Jane the supervisor, actually tell me they found proof for the springs but not the cam and lifter. They were all ordered together and I opened from the same box.

So two weeks ago they said the "springs" weren't purchased there and now they say they found proof.

Anyways, I understand policy because of theft and everything and I should have the invoice. However, I called in advance and they said they would do it and then those two now change their tunes. Unsat customer service and from now on will buy from SUMMIT.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I buy 99.9% from Summit. It is only when Summit does not have what I am looking for, or can not get it. I have had problems with Jegs in the past, very minor, but the customer service at Summit is second to none IMHO.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely. I just can't believe they said it was okay, then someone else who gets it says it is not. It isn't like the box was even open. But to say, "we have no record of it being purchased here." That is saying I am lying. Oh yeah, two weeks later they find the record for the springs. What? They were all purchased together. Doesn't even make sense.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have Jegs for copies of receipts for things I have bought from them for proof of my purchase on some legal dealings I was going through, many of the things I bought they had no record of, I still had the email confirmations, but they say there is NO record of it, I have since switched to summit also, and I have found summit to be ever so slightly cheaper, and shipping has been much better too

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Your freind should be able to get the reciept from using his credit card for the original purchase from Jeg's.

So have your buddy call his credit card company and nget a copy of the statement containing the Jeg's purchase.

Scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey,

I know at summit you can go back and look at your purchase history and see what was bought in the past. Can you do that with JEGS? If so there should be a purchase history. I think its under order tracker. LOL Thanks

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You're telling me Jegs can't look up in their system under your friend's name and locate the invoice with all the parts shipped? What kind of accounting software are they running?? What a joke. Even the most basic accounting software has the ability to look at historical invoices detailing parts shipped. It's good to have the receipt, but Jegs not being able to prove they sent the parts sounds like their accounting and shipping systems are due for software upgrades :p

Did your friend place the order online or over the phone?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Technically speaking you never bought from them in the first place :clonk: FWIW, I've been buying parts from both Jegs and Summit for well over a decade and have never had a problem with a return/exchange with either company. I'm talking about literally hundreds of transactions. I try to always keep my receipts, although I try not to look at them :) Maybe I'm the exception rather than the rule, but I wouldn't have any quams about picking up the phone right now and placing an order with either company. My wife on the other hand... :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
I like summit. last year I drilled my valve stem holes for tubes to run slicks in my 3 year old rims. I called Summit and they looked my rim purchase up that was 3+ years old to get me the same rims and back spacing for my street tires no problem. If you think a jegs return is hard try the tech dept at jegs for a real joke.

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Enter in your info that it asks for, try yours and your buddies in the Jeg's order tracker.

They may be looking under yours but its under his name

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Jegs made us pay to return axles, they had sent out the wrong ones and still made us pay.... Never again for Jegs :mad: Summit is clearly better in every way. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Sounds like a lot of bad experiences with Jegs. I get a racer discount through Jegs as a result of my membership with NHRA. I wonder if Summit honors the prices that Jegs provides racers? I'm not aware of any programs that Summit has specifically for racers. The racer discount Jegs offers varies based on the manufacturer/product, but it's been sizeable on some of my transactions. I also now have to pay sales tax on anything I purchase from Summit as they have a store South of Atlanta. Anyway, just some other data points to consider. Carry on with your Jeg bashing :D

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
The only trouble I've had with Jegs is that their "racers discount" never was available on what I was looking to buy at the time :(

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
The only trouble I've had with Jegs is that their "racers discount" never was available on what I was looking to buy at the time :(
I saved nearly $200 using my racer discount over Summit on the Wilwood front disk kit on my Chevelle. Also got a nice little discount on my Afco front shocks :yes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have dealt with both for many years.
I have stuff purchased thru Summit, at the store, that if I did not have the receipt I would have never been able to return as the item whee not listed within my customer history.
On the other hand I have returned things back to Jegs, at the store w/o a receipt and they can find me in the system without issue.
As far as tech goes I do like Summit tech, however if you get the right guy at Jegs you can talk with someone that has been building motors for 40 years - that is a lot of experience.
I say cut'em some slack - 1 time does not mean much - all it takes is for 1 part of your name to be wrong in the system and it all ends up out of whack.
Remember they are doing you a favor by exchanging items that you did not purchase in the 1st place and had no receipt - Wal-mart even makes you have a receipt.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Man I hate that crap! Personally I never had a problem with jeg's. I did have a problem with Summit once , but they were more than eager to resolve it. I think it's hit or miss who you get on the other end of the phone.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Just so happens, I got TWO Jeg's catalogs in today's mail.
Want one??? ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've had good and bad experiences with many aftermarket wholesalers/retailers. Now you made me think of how much I've spent again!!!

I prefer Competition Products, great tech, good prices and about 20 miles from my house.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've never had a problem with either company ,and I've bought thousands of dollars worth of products from both ,every thing you purchase they have a record of it all you have to do is pull up the order tracker.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.