Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Trans Am WS6
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...since it is one of the included features of the Holley Sniper EFI setup.

After enabling it, and testing it out today, I have since changed my mind...lol. :surprise:

I believe I will stick to footbraking, just off idle. :thumbsup:

p.s. If you are sensitive to someone using a curse word, click it off before the 30 second mark...(video is 35 seconds long)

https://youtu.be/mHELmGb281o

The timing control, minus the "phased rotor" seems to be working quite well though. I was able to get the ole girl out for an hour or so Friday. Although my co-workers are a bad influence, when I came back and planned to just park it and go home....peer pressure... 0:)

https://youtu.be/vkvduDfnBaU

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I watched the vid's. Car sounds bada$$ on the 2-step. Has to be low rpm?

·
Premium Member
2000 Trans Am WS6
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jarad.

Just 3000 rpm.

I probably wouldn't be able to go any higher with the converter I have.

Love that location Rich.

·
Premium Member
2000 Trans Am WS6
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here.

I had a 2 step with a shifter mounted button on one of my old Fox bodies.
Could make 5+ psi of boost at 3000, but first time I used it, I let off the brake, but didn't let the 2 step button go for almost 60 feet...lol. I removed it the next day and went back to what I knew I had the sense to do...haha.

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Did you check to see if your mufflers are fat now? :laugh:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've seen that happen on my friends car. We even had it set for 5000 and it would fireball out of the headers with the 4 speed. Was that under a load or just in neutral? Try it against the foot brake. It may be going rich in neutral and fireballing first. Once we went to the t-400 and transbrake it cleared up.

·
Premium Member
2000 Trans Am WS6
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you check to see if your mufflers are fat now? :laugh:
Kinda scared to look under there...lol.

I've seen that happen on my friends car. We even had it set for 5000 and it would fireball out of the headers with the 4 speed. Was that under a load or just in neutral? Try it against the foot brake. It may be going rich in neutral and fireballing first. Once we went to the t-400 and transbrake it cleared up.
Yeah, that was in Neutral just trying it out. Since I ditched the nitrous idea, I may do a transbrake.

That is brutally awesome and somewhat terrifying at the same time.

Sick burnout too.

I wish I could see grass on the ground at this time of year.
Well the burnout was Friday afternoon. Today the roads are all salt covered for an ice storm that never came...

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,330 Posts
>> Did you check to see if your mufflers are fat now?

mufflers seem to be gaining weight? :)

Reactions: rel3rd
1 - 11 of 11 Posts