Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

$63K (about 50K USD) for a small block Malibu? I highly doubt that 383 makes anywhere near 600 HP. I'd be willing to bet my 480 HP 388 would easily show this guy my taillights. Not a fan of the wheel choice either. I know the market is crazy right now, but I would think this is a $25K car at best.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Jeeze, maybe a pre-sale bath…
The wheels look like drives on dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
13,529 Posts
I think even in this crazy inflated market $25K is about all the money for this car. That’s IF it is a solid no rust car.

Reactions: blue_69_malibu

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It says 1969 Chevrolet Camaro $63,000
I noticed that too. The ad says "Chevelle" wasn't an option for the ad. Although I see lots of other Chevelles for sale on FB with the correct model.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a nice straight car. I'm not a fan of the wheels or blacked-out grille, but that's all easily corrected.
Those wheels to me scream "2003 Mustang". Looks nice and straight, wonder what's under the paint?

·
Registered
66 chevelle
457 Posts
Probably shouldn’t be picking the guys car apart
But I agree the asking price is way high
The cosmetics are just that and don’t take much to change to your liking. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably shouldn’t be picking the guys car apart
But I agree the asking price is way high
The cosmetics are just that and don’t take much to change to your liking. 🤷‍♂️
When a car is this far out of line on the asking price, people are going to pick it apart. Look at how people here pick apart real SS cars with the wrong air cleaner wingnut. If this car was for sale for $15K, people would have a different take on it. I guess you can't blame the guy for trying. If someone offered me double what my car is realistically worth, I'd consider selling. This might be the "See honey, I listed it for sale, it's just not selling" price.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts

$63K (about 50K USD) for a small block Malibu? I highly doubt that 383 makes anywhere near 600 HP. I'd be willing to bet my 480 HP 388 would easily show this guy my taillights. Not a fan of the wheel choice either. I know the market is crazy right now, but I would think this is a $25K car at best.
He'll come down to earth after its sitting there for 6 months and its not moving

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think even in this crazy inflated market $25K is about all the money for this car. That’s IF it is a solid no rust car.
NO way in hell would I even consider 25K for that POS. This car doesn't deserve any more of my time typing a more detailed response...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts