Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While ripping out the old carpet today I found a piece of paper buried beneath the jute pad and whatever that black matting crap is they put on those floorboards. I think it's the build sheet....it tells where the car was built as well as the options it had and what dealer it was sold to. It's somewhat hard to read because of all the black crap all over it.

But now that I have that, what code do I need to look for to determine if this car is a true SS?

·
Registered
680 Posts
the quickest way is to look in the "middle section" of it and see if SS is listed as an option. There may be other items on there that will also lead you to that conclusion, if so, I am sure somebody will respond. Where was your car built?

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arlington TX.

Do I need to look in one of the boxes?

I've already looked below the boxes where it lists some RPO codes but did not see it there....unless it's code LPR or LWR, both I have yet been able to decode. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
RPO codes are listed in the large open space at the bottom half of the buildsheet. Ignore the seperate square boxes that make up the top half of the sheet. Here is a picture of a BUILDSHEET on a '72 Chevelle SS owned by Fritz, a TC'er in Texas. Look for Z15 RPO code in the right hand column of options to confirm SS model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts