Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've written I piece on the philosophy of restoration that I want to sell. I need to know what the most popular magazines to sell it to would be. It would also be cool if you could share some of your own philosophies. I'd like to hear them.

------------------
John Baird
LaFollette, TN
1967 Malibu 4DR
283, 2-Speed

·
Registered
622 Posts
I suggest "Auto Restorer" for this type article.
My philosophy: Make it like you want it. Original is OK if that is what you really want, but modified is better if you like that. You will never make money doing restorations by yourself, so value is not a big issue. If you want to make money, become a day trader. If you like cars, have fun with them and make em like you want em.Do not worry about what others like or say, different is good - - if you like it that way. If you are really into originality, buy a Hundai - it will be totally original!

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.
Why is there never enough time or money to do it right the first time, but ALWAYS enough to do it over?

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my experience, I have found that most magazines are not worth reading. The only usefulness is in looking at pictures. I have seen very few articles worth reading (one of the notable exceptions was Skip's recounting of back-in-the-day - was this is MCR?).

I would like to see you post it here. I love to read the stuff on this site. I suppose if you are in it to make a buck, though, you will not do this.

Glad to be of absolutely no help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is MCR?

------------------
John Baird
LaFollette, TN
1967 Malibu 4DR
283, 2-Speed

·
Registered
133 Posts
My philosophy: If its not broken don't fix it. In other words. If its working don't jack with it. I sometimes make things worse by trying to squeeze a little more out of something.

------------------
Mike Hurta
(Aug98)
Gold#25
Clute, Texas
www.chevelles.com/feature/aug98.html

·
Registered
313 Posts
Skip's recounting of the race with a Hemi was in Muscle Car Review. I believe it is the most entertaining magazine, as well as most educational about other brands of cars.

As to the article, you might try the folks at Year One, they might include it in one of their catalogs. They also have put out a restoration mag, (small, 10-12 pages). I think it was a quarterly.

jmw

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mike, Live a little...loosen up. My dad's theory was, "Get a bigger hammer." & "If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!" hmmm...maybe that explains the incident with the washer...nah!

I figure you can always squeeze out another 5-10%..tweak it! Just remember where you started so you can put it back!

------------------
Dale P.
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.