Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents said they might get me new seats for my 1970 Chevelle Malibu w/ Buckets...

my current seats are ****ed...

i'd like something with good side bolstering, and something that is comfortable (bulit in seatbelts are a plus, even if they are racing harnesses)...

if it would bolt in, that would be A LOT better as well, so can you help me?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jutny, depending on what you want, the Corbeau's are great! Here's a link to the seats we got (we got the wide version which is almost identical to stock dimensions) and the place we got them from (best price you'll find on corbeau). http://autotoystore.com/corbeau_sport_seats.html

They gave us great service too. The seats look right at home in our '71 and are very comfortable. One good thing is that they can be mounted in any of 3 height positions. We mounted them as low as possible since we're very tall and they give us good headroom mounted that way.

These seats are comfortable and we're very pleased with them. Came in at just a hair under $800 for seats, brackets and shipping. Ours were a little more (15%) for the wide version which is 2" wider.

Good luck!

------------------
Phil
"I don't believe I'da told that"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot, im looking at the Sport Seat, the wide version... this will bolt in with the brackets they sell?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Once you get those cool racing seats, I have a new home for your ***ked up buckets if you are interested in selling them... You can Email me at [email protected]. Thanks and goodluck with your quest. Andy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jutney, Yeah mine bolted right in. You will need to get specific brackets for your year. They even have brackets to fit where a bench has been removed.

------------------
Phil
"I don't believe I'da told that"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cigarpoor, i'll drop you an email when i get my sendmail working again... (grumble)

and im working on getting those seats for christmas... that would end up bieng $700 tho... thats steep

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the good news is, i am getting the seats, so long as i can find a way to get seatbelts working on them...

my car has shoulder belts, but what did you do (Uncle) for your belts? some nice harnesses would be nice, cause the stock shoulder belts are the worst thing ever.

------------------
If only i could be living in 1970, i could have a brand new SS-454 ls6 for the contents of my bank account.... oh well

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, they do look nice, where in NJ you at?

im in Montclair.

------------------
If only i could be living in 1970, i could have a brand new SS-454 ls6 for the contents of my bank account.... oh well

but ive got a 1970 Chevelle Malibu with a 400 and a th350... im happy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts