Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding out what idler arm, part number 3905784GMT113 B fits. It came off my modified race car and the front clip is suppose to be a 68-72 chevelle, but it calls for the moog k-5143 and it won't fit my car. I have tried all our auto supply stores and no one can find what this idler arm came off of. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,358 Posts
Charlie,
That part number does not show up anywhere in my GM Chevelle parts book index. The problem is that the "casting" number on the part itself is usually not the same as the actual part number. If you have a good GM dealer, they have a book or computer crossover that they can use to look up the part number from the casting number. That would be my next step.

Do you have a number off the steering box ? That might help narrow it down too.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
My TRW catalogue lists only one number for 68 to 72 Chevelle but lists two numbers for 66 to 67 depending on the diameter of the center link. #18634 fits the 13/16 dia.center link and is the same for 68 to 72. #18633 fits the 7/8 link. Maybe your car has a mixture of parts on the front end. The TRW numbers are from a 1980 book so they may not be good anymore but maybe the application information will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts