------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
"Hey Ya'll watch this...."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it isnt working, how do i got about getting it to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Got picture to work at home.
I've got a old Malibu dash cheap if you'd like it.

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
"Hey Ya'll watch this...."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just dont want this big gay weird lookin peice of cheap wood sticking in my otherwise OK looking interior Your setup Beldarr looks good, and pmullaly send me a email about that dash, it's same for elky right?

------------------
1962 Rambler-90hp. a real speed demon
1967 Chrysler New Yorker- 440 on it starts rollin it really moves
1967 Chevelle Malibu- 4-door but still got looks
1972 El'Camino-350 pretty fast and quick
1985 honda civic- one sweet racer, fart pipe and all..not really just a work car
1989 Ford Sable Wagon- ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had a POS to work with that time (that's why it's ALL covered. This time I got something that already looks great. And I know this guy that lasercuts Alum. plate, exactly. Best suggestion I can offer is to take very careful measurments. Hey, I just thought, if I make a pattern then it should work for all 70-72's (light goes off) I'll have to look into that

·
Registered
274 Posts
The aluminum kick plates that go on doors would be a good peice to cut up and fit into the dash. Just make sure you measure it out just right. Take and cut some poster board to get you a stencil and then cut the aluminum plate. You can then either paint it, or polish. Randy B..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I was checking out the Elky woody gauge package and descided im not gonna mess around with it until I know where and how fast I can get the stuff. Cause I gotta unhook, temp and oil and ampage meter, and how importent is the amp meter.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you want to do away with the wood, here's what I suggest. Go to Home Depot and get a piece of 3/16 plexiglass. You can shape however you need it, and it can be scuffed with 1000 grit wet-or-dry and painted with a satin black finish. I've seen them done that way before and they look good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts