Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I need cheered up

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  bigyellow 
#1 ·
Today i was sittting in a line of cars in my 70 malibu and a FORD ran into the back of me TOTALING my Chevelle
Well my heart and sole just got destroyed and the fored got pretty banged up my chevelle is gone forever. I don't know if ill ever get another one. The frame was completely bent/broke quaters destroyed along w/ the bumpers and i couldent open my door. I'm probally going to part out the car. The car was a frame-on restoration i have tons and tons of new parts. Ratiaator, top half of motor, tranny, alumin slots w/ brand new BFG radials, Lakewood traction bars, bucket seats w/ new vynale, brand spanking new power disc brakes. all glass in car is great except front. so im reall depressed here so i i decide to part it ill let you know. Being only 17 my chevelle experience has been great and so have all of you here at Team Chevelle, I thank you all.

Jeremiah Jones

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Jeremiah,

Some once said that problems are really windows of opportunities. So here's yours. You'll probably collect some bucks from his insurance (make sure you document your car with all the receipts and condition), part out your car, find another (Chevy made a quarter of a million of them) and redo it. I'm sure there were things that you really wanted to change with your current car so now's your chance.

#3 ·
Jeremiah -

Sorry to hear the bad news. Kevin's suggestions are good - salvage what you can and move on to another Chevelle. Good luck!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
rseitz@chevelles.com

#4 ·
Hey J,
I'm sorry to hear about your Chevelle. It brings a tear to one's eye to hear the passing of another. Especially if slaughtered by a *gasp* f@#d!
I agree with Kevin though. There are plenty more of them out there. I wouldn't part out your car, buy another 70 and use them for that. You know the car already.
Good Luck in your ventures!

------------------
Fred
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

#5 ·
hey J,
cheerup man.I know you will miss that car,and I feel for you.I am 40 years old now and I still miss some of the cars that I owned in my youth.There will be many more cars in your future.Some you will get attached to,some you will hate.I hope you have plenty of pictures.They will be the ones that you brag to your kids about some day.Take this opportunity (at the expense of a careless f#^* lover) to get another chevy you can drive & fix up.
Now really dont you like the look of a 64 or a 66 SS. Take care TONY

#6 ·
Really sorry to hear what happened, but consider this: your chevelle laid down it's life for you as it sounds like you got out safe and sound. Solid muscle, not a cheap tinbox - it could have been a lot worse.

The suggestions above are all good.

#7 ·
HeyJ,
Sorry to here about your ride the guys are right,part it out and move on. Im 35 and when I was 19 my 69 malibu was totaled so I know how you feel,It seemed like forever but before I was 20yrs old my dream car was found, guess what my next car was a 69SS with a BB which I never thought I would have and dont think I will ever part with it so HEY It will get better.

[This message has been edited by JBROWN (edited 09-18-99).]

#8 ·
Jeremiah,

I was thinking the same thing Al mentioned. You are a lucky young man. That girl saved you. A small repayment of her appreciation for all your time and devotion. Think of how many 17 year olds never see the next morning because of a car wreck, needle or a bullet. It's unfortunate that sometimes you have to taste death before you can appreciate life.

Be cool man. Appreciate every breath you take. And find another object of devotion. You've got a long life ahead of you.

#9 ·
damn, real sorry to hear but like kevin said get another one and it might make you sad a bit but when it is on the road you will really fell better. Figures the F&%* couldn't stop. maybe one day they will be made with better braking equipment. never know u might be able to sue the guy for something. let us know what happends

------------------
OWNER OF A 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/nascar97/Chevelle.html page about the progress on my resto. still being made

#10 ·
Don't let the insurance company roll over you. Dig up every piece of paperwork and every receipt on the car. Try to get every penny that it would take to purchase or build another one just like it (including labor).

------------------
Dan Carr
dcarr@chevelles.com
Team Chevelle Gold Member #11, ACES #701
Author of the GMC Sprint, El Camino, and '68-'72 SS Authentication pages.
See my GM A-body fleet at:
www.rmi.net/~dcarr/cars/cars.HTM

[This message has been edited by dcarr (edited 09-19-99).]

#11 ·
Hey JJ, Al nailed it. I know it is small consolation, though. Is there any way you can settle and still keep and store all the goodies you can salvage? That way you can transplant some of it, at least.

I sold my first 67SS in 84 to raise a family, it was in good shape but ready for restoration. I ran across the guys name and number a year ago called him, and learned he totaled it 5 years after he got it from me. Now I look at my current project as a way to finish what I could have started then. You can do the same (just don't wait so long!).

------------------
John Walker
67 SSClone
Metro Atlanta, GA

#12 ·
hey J...let me tell you something...during my residency i saw my fill of young accident vitims from lesser cars than a chevelle...she took good care of you..we all love our cars but just remember that the number one job of a well built car is the preservation of life and function when things like this happen..find yourself another 70 and rebuild it..heck, youve already got much of what you need..you also have the gift and resiliency of youth...

as others have said, be sure not to let the ins co intimidate you...that happened to me once and i can tell you from personal experience they will short you due to your youth and inexperience if they can...

im sure that the guys here can give you some direction so keep us posted and let us help!

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla

#13 ·
Here, this will make you feel better. I'm 55, out of work, my wife got laid off and we live in a community that has been crushed by base downsizing. No work anywhere - about ready to start selling stuff to live on. Can't move as we don't have the money and don't want to dump the house. Place is too desolate to commute from. Sold my motorcycle and my El Camino is real close to going too. But I always look at the bright side - health is good and everything I sell are just "things" and can be replaced. Gee, even I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.