Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 Chevelle SS with factory ac, 4spd ... I don't know whether I have the right alternator on the car. Could someone send me a pic of the proper alternator with the proper wiring connector that plugs into it.

thanks

Richard

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
I don't have a pic, but the "correct" alternator for your car would have a plug that is about 1/2" square on the back with 2 wires next to each other.
the next style they started using in '72 had a flat plug going into the top of the case with 2 wires- and this is the kind most people upgrade to.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I have a 70 Chevelle SS with factory ac, 4spd ... I don't know whether I have the right alternator on the car. Could someone send me a pic of the proper alternator with the proper wiring connector that plugs into it.
The correct alternator for a 70 is a externally regulated one, the terminals for the small wires look like this l l when viewed from the top. Internally regulated alternators have terminals for the small wires that look like - - this from the top. See my posts (w/pics in this thread, shows the differences betwen the two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts