Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were leaving to go to a cookout and I walked outside and heard a popping noise. I looked up and saw a pine tree branch had laid on the power lines in my front yard and caught fire.

I calmly watched it for few minutes to see if would get better or worse. When the whole branch started to catch fire, I called 911. The burning branch was directly over the Chevelle and the wife's Camaro. (both of which have a cloth covers on them) The Chevelle doesn't run so me and Pat were trying like mad to push the car through the slick mud the storm from last night left behind. We got it out of the way and while I moved the 'Vette back, Pat tryed to move her Camaro, but the battery was dead. We jumped it off with the truck I just finished putting the heads back on minutes before.

We got everything away from the fire in time for the fire trucks to get there. It was burned out by the time they got there. I had five fire trucks respond and they , in turn, called the power company. All the fire trucks left by the time I thought to get pictures, so here's the power company guy cutting back the burned limbs. All the guys from the fire dept were great. Real friendly guys. I told them all to stop back when ever they want to shoot the breeze.

All I could picture was the burning limb falling on the cloth cover of the Chevelle and setting it all ablaze. A smoldering branch did burn off and land on the roof of the Chevelle, but I flug it off as soon as it hit. (we were still pushing it at that point)

I was supposed to be at the car lot today, but because of the cookout, I pushed it back until Friday. On a normal Thursday, no one would be home, and I would have lost three hotrods.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Glad to hear everything turned out ok. Good thing you were at home today.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Man you have a lot of tall trees hovering around those power lines. I would be worried about that happening again.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
yikes, and those pine trees would go up like gasoline, too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.