Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old song on the radio, know it well, details on the tip of your tongue....

Can't find your tongue anywhere.

I'm almost....ALMOST, too embarrassed to ask. This is one that's been covered in this forum before, but not easily located through search. I tried.

"BLINDED BY THE LIGHT, _______ __ ____ _ _____" (second half sounds like, "wrapped up like a douche", but actualy ends in DUECE, I believe.

What is the actual missing lyrics?
Is it Gary Wright?

ALL DONATIONS TO: National Alcoheimers Association- If you know your name and where you live, but have no idea what you did last night......or why your underwear is on backwards. Group meetings daily at happy hour.

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch, I'd hate to have had something this stupid keeping me awake all night.

P.S. Damn you guys are thorough

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
VH1 had a show years ago that actually delved into such songs that people wernt sure what many songs lyrics really were saying. That song was one of them.

Blinded by the light, revved up like a duece, another runner in the night.

And I may have even screwed that up too.:)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
ALL DONATIONS TO: National Alcoheimers Association- If you know your name and where you live, but have no idea what you did last night......or why your underwear is on backwards. Group meetings daily at happy hour.
one of my students told me that I have "sometimers" instead of "alltimers." sometimes I'm with it, sometimes not. :D

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
so is the deuce a deuce coupe in the song or is this a generation thing and im just a tad too young? Jim

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
"Rock the Casbah"

we have cats ....and I walk around singing "I really don't like it ...when they stock the cat box....stock the cat box":D .....my 9 yr old laughs,she thinks its funny. of course I would laugh too if my job was to clean it....and I ignored it till my dad took care of the job.:noway:

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
so is the deuce a deuce coupe in the song or is this a generation thing and im just a tad too young? Jim
Could be or...

Deuce may also refer to:

"Deuce - deuce and a half." Referring to a woman weighing between 200 & 250 pounds.
The Deuce, double-decker buses serving the Las Vegas Strip
Deuce coupe, a slang term for the 1932 Ford Model B car
The 'common name' for the Harley-Davidson FXSTD/FXSTDI model motorcycle (Softail Deuce)
"The Deuce" or "Ace Deuce", nicknames for Ann Arbor, Michigan
A slang term for feces, related to the euphemism "Number 2".
A name for the devil, usually used as a mild oath, for example, "What the deuce is going on here?" and "What the Deuce?"
"Deuce-Deuce" - Urban slang for a .22 calibre pistol or a gun.
"Deuce-Deuce" - Also urban slang for a 22 oz. bottle of beer or malt liquor.
"Deuce"- a slang term for a bag of cannabis costing $20.
A police term for a suspect being intoxicated, "Unit 194 pedestrian in roadway possible deuce."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts